Tennis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the dust has settled, (well rain took care of that), - I wanted to say that I am very proud of Jennifer. Of course I was upset when she lost, but she handled the situation like a champion. She was honest about her feelings and was vulnerable in the press conference.

She went into her press conference and even made a joke to lighten the mood by saying, "Didn't I win" - and flashed her beautiful smile.

You KNOW that had to be a hard press conference to do. She handled it like the pro she is.

I think this is going to make her even more determined!

Jon Wertheim (Sports Illustrated) wrote this:

And as long as we're dispensing props, Jennifer Capriati deserves them as well. She won't soon forget her inability to close out Henin-Hardenne, but she handled herself with uncommon grace after her defeat in he semis. Credit Matthew Perry with helping to assuage the Capster's postmatch grief. Chandler even considered entering the postmatch press conference and asking if there were any questions about the Friends cast before turning the mike over to J. Cap. ... (taken from sports.yahoo.com/ten - 9/11/03.)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yep, a true champ!!!!!!!! Go Jen!!!!!!! Back into the winners circle for u!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

·
Registered
25,079 Posts
To be honest, I didn't really care about JEnCap one way or the other; however, I really warmed up to her sense of humour and her personality through her interviews. I already knew that she could play good tennis, but the her interviews made her seem like a genuinely cool person. I was soooo happy that she touched the trophy. I don't believe in jinxes either JENCAP!!!!!

Reactions: Jakeev

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think Matthew is Jennifer´s boyfriend...

·
Registered
504 Posts
FanDeJen said:
I think Matthew is Jennifer´s boyfriend...
He's a bit old for her but great if they are going out. I think she can do better but as long as she's happy its cool. Anyway yep she is very mature thesedays.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
i think there going out too...isnt it just SOOO convenient thats he always pops up with her, the tennis courts, the bars, the condo??? I think there good friends, but theres also a romantic aspect as well not to mention hes worth about 50 million bucks! (not bad Jenny from the block!)

-toodles

Reactions: Jakeev

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I was impressed with the transcript of her interview too. she must have been devastated and she didn't take it out on the press, which is what she has done in the past..

i hope she bounces back..

·
Registered
883 Posts
bello said:
Yep, a true champ!!!!!!!! Go Jen!!!!!!! Back into the winners circle for u!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Jen is no true champ. The way she acted over the lines calls that where cearly in showed me what a bad loser Jen is. It was embrassing to watch. When I started to watch the match I really wanted Jen to win but when she showed what she is really like im glad she lost. Jen will never be a true champ as they have somthing she does'nt and thats class.

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
Pureracket said:
To be honest, I didn't really care about JEnCap one way or the other; however, I really warmed up to her sense of humour and her personality through her interviews. I already knew that she could play good tennis, but the her interviews made her seem like a genuinely cool person. I was soooo happy that she touched the trophy. I don't believe in jinxes either JENCAP!!!!!
Major props to your post. People around here like to characterize Jenny as being some sort of "bad seed" as you will. But part of Jen's charm, for me anyway, is that she wears her heart on her sleeve and gasp, she acts like a HUMAN BEING when she is on/off the court.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Jennifer's wife said:
Jen acted great and treated the press fine too. I just hope she can bounce back from last week and improve from last years fall season. ;)

And Jen and Matt are just best mates....they both say they are only freinds, why lie?
she probably feels she wud b hurt u if she told the truth.... :p

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Perry is seen around a lot with other women so I hope they are just friends. He's a mad supporter of her, and I'm sure that is a big help to her.

I was all for Justine to win that match. I didn't get to see it all. But, when something goes down to the wire like that with both players fighting tooth and nail, it does seem a shame that both can't win. I'm glad that Jennifer kept her perspective and didn't cry or blame Justine, or the linesmen, or the umpire, ... guess she couldn't blame the crowd. :) But, it does sound as if she was graceful in defeat. That's hard to do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts