Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is....Jennifers forhand is an extrememly potent weapon and i just dont see any girls able to hit a better forhand than Jennifer im sorry but did you see the way she manhandles Davenport (who supposedly has the biggest groundstrokes in womens tennis) at the AO 01??? it was a SLAUGHTER Jennifer destroyed Lindsay using her penetrating forhand pushing Davenport out time and again...nope Jen is good...and she has a good forhand to...what do you all think?? give me your opinions?? THANKS! :drool:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Diffently agree! Even if Jen has a bad day there summit about that forehand its always on for her! Its her big weapon! Certain players hurt people by there big serves,Jen hurts people with that almighty forehand!

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
No fraid not. Venus's backhand is bigger.

Love the US Open semi from 01 Venus down 1-4 storms back with a fuselage of bachand winners . McEnroe.."This is unbelievable! That backhand just blew by Jenniefer, and she was standing right there!"

A BIG weapon is a shot that digs you out of trouble time and again when you need it most..

Serena's Serve
Venus's Backhand
Davenport's (you name it)
Henin's backhand
Monica's (you name it)
Steffi's (Forehand.. duh)

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
No fraid not. Venus's backhand is bigger.

Love the US Open semi from 01 Venus down 1-4 storms back with a fuselage of bachand winners . McEnroe.."This is unbelievable! That backhand just blew by Jenniefer, and she was standing right there!"
)
YEP!!! That backhand combo is one of my favorite vintage Venus Williams points!! No offense to Capriati fans, but she embarrassed Capriati on that point. Those backhands were blistering. She also hit some blistering backhands to defeat Serena in the final.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jens forehand is the best, when shes agressive and uses it. When she stops all this crappy down the middle. Her forehand return down the line is leathal.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Da Forehand Jens forehand isnt in your top 6 are you for real?

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Trish101 said:
I think it is....Jennifers forhand is an extrememly potent weapon and i just dont see any girls able to hit a better forhand than Jennifer im sorry but did you see the way she manhandles Davenport (who supposedly has the biggest groundstrokes in womens tennis) at the AO 01??? it was a SLAUGHTER Jennifer destroyed Lindsay using her penetrating forhand pushing Davenport out time and again...nope Jen is good...and she has a good forhand to...what do you all think?? give me your opinions?? THANKS! :drool:
Jennifer does have a great forehand. Latley though Serena has outdueled her on the forehand side. Capriati's shots don't have the pop on them like they used to.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Capriati def. has the best running forehand on the tour now, she makes some incredible gets/passing shots w/that shot.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
I would have to agree.......

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
Capriati def. has the best running forehand on the tour now, she makes some incredible gets/passing shots w/that shot.
which is true, but again practice makes perfect.....i bet you are wondering where im going with this.

well jennifer gets ran around so much on the court, that she was really forced to develop this forehand on the run. but it is not the biggest and the best, for when she does do her forehand cross court, its main effectiveness is usually when her opponent is at the net, unexpected the forehand pass comes. But when she is playing top players, it is no different to them, for they are not only read for it, but they expect it more now than ever. Yeah maybe in 2001 that was a great example, but do you see lindsay letting that forehand take that effective ness to her anymore? No she has adjusted. It is a great shot, but nowadays it doesn't even work against the top Venus Serena and Lindsay. As much a big shot it is, not only is it no big enough, when you have these three able to hit outright winners off it, that has to tell you something....

Again we are talking about forehand on the run, jennifer has the best mainly due to the fact she has gotten to hit it the most, and pratice it the most :)

Venus has the best backhand ever in my opinion. It is virtually a mistake free shot. Not only does she have the best racquet preparation out there in the game, forehand or backhand, she hits it with the most sheer power and accuracy. Especially down the line.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Serena has better preperation on the forehand side smoother, and w/out the double take back that Venus employs.

Venus does have a wicked backhand, I'd say best on tour.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think Its much better crosscourt(her forehand on the run) it was one of the best shots Ive seen in my life in her semi at Wimbledon with Henin. And serenaslam I think that to say jen gets the most practice of that shot is a bit silly since every girl out there playing is usually on the run alot :)

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Knizzle said:
YEP!!! That backhand combo is one of my favorite vintage Venus Williams points!! No offense to Capriati fans, but she embarrassed Capriati on that point. Those backhands were blistering. She also hit some blistering backhands to defeat Serena in the final.
Its true, i think that´s something Serena has changed a lot, pressuring the forehand of Venus, which is a little too mecanical, big diferences between her backhand and forehand. Serena is great with both sides, that has made huge diferences on their last 5 meetings.

And about Jennifer, well her forehand is great, but honestly look at numbers she has won only 3 slams, compared to Steffi´s 22 slams, based on that forehand mostly, althought i think Steffi´s game was complete that´s why she performed great in all surfaces.
Jennifer hits it better when she is on the run, Serena hits it better on the returns of serve.
Steffi could hit it better while returning and while covering her backhand to hit her inside out KILLER forehand.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
mmcdonald said:
JCap's forehand is nice, but its not the biggest shot in tennis
I agree with this. Jenn has a big forehand - great weapon. But I dont think it's the biggest shot in WTA.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
it's good, but it isn't the best shot

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
I go for the Venus backhand, the Serena serve, the Seles return....as well as the Capriati forehand.

It's not quite as formidable as Graf's was, though. Nowhere near, actually.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THANKS GUYS! well i was thiking for the longest time "what thread should i put up next???" and then i started to think about all the power shots Jennifer has and i thought "wait a minute Jennifers biggest shot is her running forhand! and im sure everyone (even william fans) will agree that she has one of the best forhands around" so i posted this wonderfull little thread...and BAM! i was right on target...i knew you guys would all agree! well i also decided to do this thread because i knew it would be an "anti hate" thread...that was the intension anyway...from now on i will dedicate all my threads the abolition of "catyness" in the forums SAY IT WITH ME GUYS : " NO MORE BITCHIN', FLIPIN', DRAMA, CUSSIN', FUSSIN' and all that other BS that has totally run down these forums! ....and yeah Jen has a great Forhand...the best i think....heheheh LATA!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think Jen defentinaly has the best forehand over all. Lindsay, Serena, Venus, Henins forehands can all go to inconsistent and make far too may errors, no where as good on the run. Serena especailly makes alot of errors. So over all J. Cap has the best forehand. But, she is a bit hesitant sometimes to use it. Especially against the top players, but when she does its awesome. Especially the return down the line.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts