Tennis Forum banner

Can Jennifer Capriati win another Grand slam...which one?

• Australian Open ...shes had her best results here and other than Aussy03 shes played the best on thi

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • French Open ...a former Champion...she has what it takes..this ones hers!

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Wimbly...her "suposedly" best surface...well i guess she is gonna win this one!

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • U.S open...she wants this title SOOO bad that everytime she losses here she ends up crying like a ba

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • uuugh i dont think sooo! Jens good...but not THAT good...sorry JCAP fans...but your "champion" shoul

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...ive decided to stop all the "lockeroom" threads cause obviously DAFORHAND thinks i shouldnt "even bother"...whatever!

Anyways this thread is conncerning Jennifer and her ability to win...possible a few more Majors under her belt and wether or not she will in fact do so...so heres the question...will Jennifer win any more majors...how many? and on which surface? WOW thats a loaded question I KNOW! but i feel that it is a nessesary one considering that everyone brushes her aside like shes no longer the great fighting champion that she is....and thats sad you guys ...i dont care how much you dislike capriati...theres many things she is but one of the things she is not is a..loser no Jens a champ and i want you guys to tell me wether she can triumph once again and how many times she will do so...***just a friendly reminder ***remember dont be biased to your own players and dont bash her just because shes beaten your favs...ie Kim at French open...just judge her on her POTENTIAL AND TALENT! thanxs!(and if you think she still wont win a title thats fine)

ps... i believe she will win ONE more major.....the US open...(just because she wants the U.S open title more than anything else and will play unbelievable well in this tournement to win it) either this year or next year...other than that i dont see jennifer winning more...so recap ...Jennifer will end up with a total of 4 grand slam title...2 australian open , one French open title and one U.S open title...that is my opinion.

As for jennifers ranking....well i believe she will continue to be in the top ten and will once again be in the top three (3) in the world...maybe even #2 but i dont see Jennifer EVER becoming world number 1 again :( sooo sad...but im being realistic.

Even though Jennifer still has at least 10 more titles to win...including a couple of Canadian opens (she always plays great there)...she will also make two more Nasdaq100 open Finals and take home the title once...(she will loose the title to Kim or Serena the other time) and i also believe she will win more tier two and three titles as well...shell win at eastbourn this year too....so in the end she will have a total of 25 titles ( including another olympic medal...although this time she will win the Silver *serena will win the gold*)

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Wimbledon is her best surface? This would probably explain why it was her worst Slam result of 99, 01, and 02, and her second worst result of 00.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Unless JenCap improves her attitude on court, she's done.:eek:

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i agree 10000% but apparentle disposablehero thats what Jonny Mac said two years ago and Marry Corillo agreed with him...sooo talk to them...im just writing down what to ex- proffessional tennis players said...

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oooh and how many more titles will Jen win???

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
I think if Jenny mixes up her shots, and react to what the opponent is doing to her, then she will win another grandslam. She also needs to win more 3 setters!! :eek:.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i totally agree Leonhart! Jen NEEDS to mix up her shoots....i meann shes sooooooo talented...hell when she was first coming on tour evryone shook they were so scared even M Navratilova felt pressure....and now shes even better...shes physically and Mentally stronger so i dont know what the deal is...it has to do with her serve and she needs to FIX IT!!!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys keep the replies coming...so do you think a GREAT jen could beat an ok serena??? i think Jen can beat a great serena if Jens playing her best...its always soooo damn close!

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i think jen and theother top 10 players have quite a good shot at wimbledon because of what happened at RG. ok clay isn't the best surface for either williams sister but i think their losses have has hurt their confidence and now they will be putting to much pressure on themselves. i think jen has quite a good shot to win wimbledon this year but she can also get beaten if her draw has been to easy just as happened against petrova at RG this year. i think justine and kim have both got a very good shot they are up their with the williams sisters for the moment. i think jen will win at least one more grand slam.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gowza im right with you...we think alike i think :)!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
come on guys...what do you all think??? i want your opinions!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sorry Jenny and Jenny's fans.... I believe she is done!!! Coz' I believe all the players that ranked above her (except Chanda Rubin) have already figured out her game and know how to beat her...

And at this stage of her tennis career, I believe its difficult for Jenny to improve much on her game...

She still has a good game and is a great athlete though....

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Trish101 said:
Gowza im right with you...we think alike i think :)!
at least both of you could share your "pains" again after Wimby.:devil:

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
While I don't think Jen's done completely, I don't see her winning another Slam unless everything falls into place.

1-Either Justine or Kim has to be injured
2-Both Sisters have to lose before they meet Jennifer
3-Lindsay's return game has to be off

Jen has a lot of talent...the only problem is, she doesn't do something better then anyone else on tour. Big forehand? Serena has just as big. Good running game? Venus, Serena, Kim...maybe even Justine run just as well.

Jennifer needs to become more aggressive, beef up her serve (and she seems to have done that with her second serve) and become tougher mentally.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BasicTennis...listen carefully cupcake im afraid i will have NOTHING to be dissapointed about after wimbly...because i expect Jennifer to kick some serious ASS and take home the giant plate with her too ...trust me she WILL deliver....now hows that for a handfull??? tata

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you mean her LACK of net play dont you? because she has none...well she does but she chooses not to come to net...but honestly if she wins the ttournement she will win it at the baseline...outhitting her apponents...thats the only way she can win it...and she can win it

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
lack of net play is a problem, but even when she gets there her vollies aren't the best.

If she wins the event, I would be amazed. Why? Because as I said in my previous post I don't think she does anything better then anyone else in the world.

Backhand--Venus, Henin are better
Forehand--Serena, Kim have just as good
Serve--Serena, Venus, Henin, Davenport...Clijsters
Speed--Venus, Serena, Kim, Henin
Coverage--Venus, Serena, Kim, Henin

I just don't see what she can do to hurt some people. Obviously she can beat anyone, but can she beat 3...maybe 4 (depending on her 4th RD) to win Wimbledon. Doubt it. Much better chance at the US Open.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
I'm not sure whether Jenn can win another slam but I know that she is going to bust her gut trying to. She is a champion through and through, everything she has achieved is because of her wondeful drive to be the best and this flame is not extinguised yet. Only an idiot would count out someone with the tenacity and proven Grand Slam winning talent that Jenn has.

Jenn is passion, fire, beauty, tenacity, grit and gutsiness personified. She is a true enigma and being her fan is a rollercoaster ride. The troughs only make the peaks sweeter. I know there a more peaks to come! :hearts:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.