Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
955 Posts
omg i know, WHAT A MATCH bovina is REALLY impressive.....wow at that net game lol........she did get tired tho u could tell she wasnt hopping or jumping up and down ( thats not an excuse) just saying hehe...but ya Jenn pulled it out but I think Lena can be a top ten player :)

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dokicfan17 said:
omg i know, WHAT A MATCH bovina is REALLY impressive.....wow at that net game lol........she did get tired tho u could tell she wasnt hopping or jumping up and down ( thats not an excuse) just saying hehe...but ya Jenn pulled it out but I think Lena can be a top ten player :)
Bovina said she wants to pattern her game after Venus, but I think Venus should have been in the stands taking notes on how many times Bovina was coming into the net. She was 16 for 16 in the second set :eek:

· Registered
2,064 Posts
Yes, Bovina's baseline game does remind me of Venus, especially those back hand winners;)!

without a doubt, one of the most entertaining match of the year........and guess what.........Capriati was involved in it again! She's such a fighter:D

· Premium Member
20,718 Posts
YES!!! Thats great to hear from you guys!! my LENA is coming back!!! AND those stats if they are true thats excellent!!!

I cant wait to watch her at the US OPEN!!

:hearts: VAMOS LENA!!! :kiss: :kiss:

2003 US OPEN Ladies CHAMP: Elena Bovina UDACHI! :worship:

· Registered
547 Posts
Man this match was breathtaking, this is women's tennis at it's best. One of the best matches of the year for sure. If Jen wasn't playing so well she would have lost in straight sets. Her game looks really good right now.

· Registered
128 Posts
I must say that this match, besides the henin hardenne vs davenport match at the aussie open , is the best match of the year so far. Points being won because of winners, the players havin more winners than unforced errors, everything was just great. And even though it was a slugfest from the baseline, the match also had some variety with some net play and did i say good serving on both sides but especially bovina. Bovina reminds me of Venus so much except Bovina's forehand is more trustworthy. I stayed up till 2:30 in the morning watching that match and it was high quality tennis from the first ball was struck until Capriati raised her hand in victory. This shows us that the U.S. Open has some good matches in store for us!

· Banned
28 Posts
It's nice to see these nice comments about Lena... she's finally getting the respect she deserves. :)

A great match from both players. They both played well, and Jen was just that little bit better on the big points.

But, when do you ever see Jen, a player who enjoys power, be controlled like that? With the exception of Serena, nobody can control play like Lena did today.

For most of the 2nd and 3rd, that was the best I've seen Jen play in quite a while. Lena played well also... not her best though, as her match vs. Coetzer last week was better... and she still tends to go for too much sometimes. At least Lena's movement seems to be back now. :)

It hurt to see Lena lose, and especially how she was disappointed after the match... but she has NOTHING to hang her head on. She was exhausted in the 3rd, and she kept fighting.

This match proved Lena can go toe-to-toe with a solid Top 10 player who is on her game.

Hats off to both players for a great match. :)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jen win New Haven now.

I'm so proud of Lena. :)

· Premium Member
7,514 Posts
It was definitely a great match. Elena ran out of gas in the third but if she hadn't made some unforced errors at key times, Cappy would have been down and out of there. I'm glad to see Lena getting her form back. Jennifer served unbelievable for her, good depth, out wide, down the tee and she looks like she dropped 20 pounds. It's good to see her in good form too. It makes the rest of the year so much more interesting when all the players are "firing" on all cylinders so to speak. :D :wavey:

· Registered
122,508 Posts
I haven't seen the match yet. But from what I'm reading, I'm really looking forward to it.
Udachi Lena!!

· Registered
22,590 Posts
Good to see Elena getting back to form.She was horrible in Birmingham errors all over the place.

I hope she can continue with this for the rets of the year!

· Banned
1,735 Posts
This was indeed one of the best matches of the year (that I've seen).
Great rallies and JennCap seems to always be involved in exciting matches as Pam said.
Nice stuff. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.