Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lick: As the rain falls steadily in Paris it may be the case quite soon that we are unable to see the bottom of the monsterous puddles however, it's becoming increasingly difficult to see the bottom of the pool of talented young women on tour. Comparing the only 5 matches i have seen at this years French Open it is quite clear that the cry for more depth in the womens game has been met...but have they taken some from the men? :confused:

Serena took over 2 hrs to see off a spirited Pironkova and Venus and Justine both won their matches losing 7 games...in the first round. However Safin disposed of his opponent 1,3,1 and Davydenko of his 3,1,1. Can we finally say womens tennis is increasing it's depth..or are these results mere anomalies...please discuss :drool: :bounce:

·
Registered
25,074 Posts
Oh, the naysayers of the WTA will definitely find some issue deride the WTA.

That stunt Vicente pulled against Safin was not cool @ all. I'm wondering what all the "depth arguers" are saying about that match. Cornet, Pironkova, and Vesnina all stayed steady for the most part. The disparity between Safin and Vincente was almost embarrassing.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah you are quite right there! I mean the disparity between davydenko and his opponent may have been as bad also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts