84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miami

draw and results

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PM on his way to Serena....( according his INSTA)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not sure how only training a couple of days together will fair but at this point it seems to be the standard amount of effort.

In other news Andreescu and Halep are both out. Meaning Serena has a really good shot at getting her top 8 seed for the trench these two tournaments.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure how only training a couple of days together will fair but at this point it seems to be the standard amount of effort.

In other news Andreescu and Halep are both out. Meaning Serena has a really good shot at getting her top 8 seed for the trench these two tournaments.
I expect a withdrawn from queen for IW...

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
" This Mama" wants to play a 2nd round match at a PM WTA event on friday or saturday?? Hm

·
Registered
698 Posts
Honestly at this point I'd be happy if she manages to reach R4 at both events. I have no expectations or ambitions for IW and Miami and I don't think she does either.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
I dont get it. They are still playing basketball games. Why cancel the entire tournament over one case? I feel like this is all a mass overreaction. And apparently they didnt let the players know beforehand? Messy

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stupid decision and overreaction. I have no words. I am so angry.

·
Premium Member
20,324 Posts
I dont get it. They are still playing basketball games. Why cancel the entire tournament over one case? I feel like this is all a mass overreaction. And apparently they didnt let the players know beforehand? Messy
I honestly think the tournament just didn't want to face a PR nightmare if someone got it while attending. Also the possibility of lawsuits which I think will come out in droves as this spreads. As people try to claim events, locations etc didn't take proper precautions or something. There is way too much panic IMO. This isn't nothing but I don't think it is at the level where it should be tanking global life like it is. But what can you do?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I wonder if they’ve been looking for a reason to change it to the US hard court season and used this as an excuse. So that it permanently takes place in July-August instead of March.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ugh I don’t know, but I’m angry. This was a chance for Serena to get some matches, but now I don’t know when she will. But obviously, I wouldn’t want her to catch some germs, so there’s also that.

·
Premium Member
20,324 Posts
It's this. They'll probably do it after Wimbledon as part of the US HC season.

Assuming there is a US HC season.
I wonder if they’ve been looking for a reason to change it to the US hard court season and used this as an excuse. So that it permanently takes place in July-August instead of March.
I didn't know there had been rumblings about them wanting it in the summer HC season? That seems so packed. And it also leaves such a gap in the spring season after the AO with just Miami. I guess Stanford is gone though right? So it could take place there and still leave room for Canada and Cincy. But three premiers followed by a major is a lot.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
This is a fucking mess. Miami is done. And I think Madrid and Rome are also gonna be done. I dont get why we cant play an empty stadium. Are all these closings more preventative and precautionary ?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Goddddd not now, not when Queen is aging out quickly. She better be training hard on this “off season” and just steal a French or Wimbledon. Do it before it’s too late ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts