Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Just reminding people to be civil, didn't say there was anything bad happening. If the posts above aren't arguing though, I'd hate to see your Thanksgiving family dinner. ;)
You are one of the most uncivil posters I have seen on this forum.

And I think amtrak may have similar opinions on that.

I will not be surprised if you demand that the forum be denominated a "safe place"

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Oh, anyone with a brain could come up with many if you've actually lived in this country for any length of time.

Here, rather than me drone on and on like someone I know, I'll let you edify yourself on just one of MANY articles on the subject...

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/07/31/stephen_harper_the_environments_best_friend.html

Here is how it begins...

Stephen Harper: The environment’s best friend

Stephen Harper has eliminated or weakened almost every environmental law, but that has rejuvenated the environmental movement.

:secret: BTW, in case you can't tell, the article title is somewhat sarcastic!
I think the wheels came off your train of thought. We were talking about a list of Justin's achievements.
Not a retrospective of Harper.

The Star is not bad for wrapping fish.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
You are one of the most uncivil posters I have seen on this forum.

And I think amtrak may have similar opinions on that.

I will not be surprised if you demand that the forum be denominated a "safe place"
Finally, something both of you agree on! ;)

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Happy Thanksgiving, Canucks. Do you eat turkey on this day like your neighbors to the south?
Yup, it is Turkey Day here. I was going to create a thread for it but didn't think anyone would care.

We get ours a month early, probably due to the fact that our fall weather generally starts about a month sooner.

My sister and nephews are coming over with some pumpkin pie and we will be chowing down shortly...

mmmm, pie :drool:

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Everybody banged Trudeau's mom... The Rolling Stones, the entire attendance at Studio 54, etc., etc.

She was very "liberal" in her outlook.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Except you never give examples.

If you really want to talk about raping and pillaging, tell the readers what the Liberals have done to Ontarians' cost of living with the BILLIONS of dollars of taxpayer money they flushed down the toilet in attempts to hold onto a couple of seats. And then had someone come in and smash all the computer hard drives with an axe in an attempt to cover up the evidence. Hillary could learn a thing or two from the Ontario Liberals.

Tell the readers about the expense accounts of all those people that went with Trudeau to the last climate conference. Tell the readers about the minister that spent thousands of dollars to have a professional photographer follow her around Paris, so that we peasants back in Canada could see her at work.

Tell the readers about the Ontario Liberal who spent thousands being swanned around Toronto in a limousine that was owned by a friend.
The Harper government was such an abomination that I basically refused to return to Canada until they were done, but everything written here about the Liberals is true. They need to piss off with this stuff.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
So, the Conservative leadership race - does anybody care? I do wish the Canadian media would actually properly cover the candidates instead of giving 3238120932 minutes to Leitch or O'Leary and 5 to everybody else. I simply refuse to believe that there aren't' a couple of decent candidates but I simply cannot hear them over this rubbish. Point me in a direction, somebody.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No one cares about the Conservative leadership race... Trudeau will kill whoever comes up against him anyway, just like his father.

:p

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Unless they NDP come out with an actual platform and strong leader, then I do hope that is true. However, the Liberals need to tread carefully. They have completely fucked up the electoral reform thing, among other things. If the average voter doesn't see an improvement in their job prospects/living situation in the next couple of years, they will take it out on their local MP.

Also, while I realize that provincial and federal politics do not always align, it can't help that Ontario's Liberal party has very much shat the bed and is up for election in 2018. Who knows which way the province will go...

I've only been back in the country for less than a year and I can say this much for sure - Ontario blows.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
This is very true. While I'll still vote for Trudeau/Liberals in the next election, but they definitely have not walked the walk that they've been talking up so highly.

I think that they need to pivot very quickly to action items that will make a tangible difference to voters, however small those may be. People like Trudeau (most Canadians I think) and if he gives them any reason to keep the Liberals in power, he'll win again. If he relies on a negative campaign against whoever the Conservatives appoint, that may not be enough.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Electoral reform! Who cares? My entire facebook feed, populated by NDP lovers, is enraged and convinced that if they all just don't vote for the liberals again next election, this will be the thing that costs them the election! I laugh bigly every time I see that shit.

Some people do have legit gripes about the whole issue and I do agree that the Liberals managed it poorly though. What a stupid thing to campaign on. Jesus, Trudeau. The party was never going to actually let you do that. On the other hand, I extra do not care about this particular issue, so it will have zero impact on my next vote.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
O'Leary is Canada's Trump...

Canada badly needs him to win. With Trudeau Canada takes all illegal immigrants from the USA and the USA attracts all the jobs from Canada :lol:

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
O'Leary is Canada's Trump...

Canada badly needs him to win. With Trudeau Canada takes all illegal immigrants from the USA and the USA attracts all the jobs from Canada :lol:
Damn, you're always so on the mark, I mean seriously, how do you come up with these completely insightful revelations?... that are completely wrong. Canada actually takes all the PhD's and MBA's etc. that the USA boots out of their country as soon as they graduate... just because they are foreign students and their visas run out. Plus, with Drumpf in power, we are getting all the best and brightest from around the world... America is getting stuck with all the retards, which of course will help the Republicans in future elections. Here, do some reading...

Forbes Welcome

Job Searches and applications from around the world (including America) are way up in Canada since Drumpf took office and, according to my buddies at StatsCan, are up even more since his ridiculous attempt at a travel ban.

We need O'Leary like we need a hole in our head... we don't want our country filling up with racist retards, America might get jealous.

21 - 40 of 166 Posts