Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm sure it will never get the traction that the U.S. Political thread does... but us Canadians are quite used to that after living next to the 800-pound gorilla for our entire existence :lol:

Still, I thought we should have a suppository repository for all things Canadian in politics. I'm sure most people find our political scene very quaint, especially in relation to others throughout the world and if you want to poke fun of it here, then have at 'er... Canadians "generally" have a good sense of humour :wink2:

If you want to discuss other countries though, create your own thread or find the appropriate existing one, if you please.

Just to show an example of the difference in our political landscape, here is the latest tweet from the "Canada" twitter account...

:eek:h:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I cannot name a single Canadian politician :( unless some of the ex-hockey players have gone to politics?

·
Banned
1,395 Posts
My motto is simple:

ABC - Anything But Conservative

Actually add Green to that list as well - they are the most ridiculous party in Canada and exist only to split the votes on the left. A vote for them is a vote for Conservatives. :smash:

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cannot name a single Canadian politician :( unless some of the ex-hockey players have gone to politics?
Yup, some have in the past... Ken Dryden, Frank Mahovlich, Red Kelly, Syl Apps, etc. Jean Beliveau even turned down the job of Governor General... being a hockey personality is MUCH more important than being a politician in Canada :lol:

Here is our current Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau...

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That will be his legacy.
Not a bad legacy to be raising money for the Cancer Foundation...

unlike the raping and pillaging Harper did to our environment

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Not a bad legacy to be raising money for the Cancer Foundation...

unlike the raping and pillaging Harper did to our environment
Except you never give examples.

If you really want to talk about raping and pillaging, tell the readers what the Liberals have done to Ontarians' cost of living with the BILLIONS of dollars of taxpayer money they flushed down the toilet in attempts to hold onto a couple of seats. And then had someone come in and smash all the computer hard drives with an axe in an attempt to cover up the evidence. Hillary could learn a thing or two from the Ontario Liberals.

Tell the readers about the expense accounts of all those people that went with Trudeau to the last climate conference. Tell the readers about the minister that spent thousands of dollars to have a professional photographer follow her around Paris, so that we peasants back in Canada could see her at work.

Tell the readers about the Ontario Liberal who spent thousands being swanned around Toronto in a limousine that was owned by a friend.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TLDR... I assume it is some lame attempt to deflect from the good work that Justin did with the Cancer Foundation :wavey:

:yawn:

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure you meant to say, "he's fighting AGAINST a woman"

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
TLDR... I assume it is some lame attempt to deflect from the good work that Justin did with the Cancer Foundation :wavey:

:yawn:
No, just wondering what example you might give.

Have to admit though that I did not expect you to give NONE.

You are like the Libertarian presidential candidate.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Oh look, the usual suspects up to their usual antics arguing about the usual things. :yawn: Make sure to play nice, kids.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh look, the usual suspects up to their usual antics arguing about the usual things. :yawn: Make sure to play nice, kids.
We have been. Have you seen anything even remotely untowards?

You do realize that by definition, a "Forum" involves discussion and often the gainsay of what others might offer, correct?

meh

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, just wondering what example you might give.

Have to admit though that I did not expect you to give NONE.

You are like the Libertarian presidential candidate.
Oh, anyone with a brain could come up with many if you've actually lived in this country for any length of time.

Here, rather than me drone on and on like someone I know, I'll let you edify yourself on just one of MANY articles on the subject...

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/07/31/stephen_harper_the_environments_best_friend.html

Here is how it begins...

Stephen Harper: The environment’s best friend

Stephen Harper has eliminated or weakened almost every environmental law, but that has rejuvenated the environmental movement.

:secret: BTW, in case you can't tell, the article title is somewhat sarcastic!

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Just reminding people to be civil, didn't say there was anything bad happening. If the posts above aren't arguing though, I'd hate to see your Thanksgiving family dinner. ;)

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
There's a Canadian Diner in Dallas. The Canadian Mafia at work are going there to celebrate Thanksgiving.

(They generously count me as one of them using FIFA's rules, i.e. my grandmother was Canadian/American).

1 - 20 of 166 Posts