Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canada officially boycotted 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
Australia and New Zealand already boycotted or would boycott the Olympic Games in near future.

Canada is the first country to officially boycott the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

Meanwhile, the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) has warned its athletes to prepare for a Tokyo Olympics in the northern summer of 2021.
The AOC says an Australian team can't be assembled for the Tokyo Games, which is scheduled to start in July 24.

NZ Olympic Committee president Mike Stanley confirmed it would seriously consider boycotting the Tokyo Games, if the International Olympic Committee decided not to postpone.

·
Registered
19,521 Posts
Australia has announced their withdrawal. Waiting on IOC now.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,255 Posts
Australia has announced their withdrawal. Waiting on IOC now.
I would be surprised if we don't get an official announcement of postponement in the next 48 hours. In my view however I believe the Olympic board should not immediately announce a postponement date but take their time to work out when would be the most suitable time to postpone to. A decision of such importance shouldn't be made in the spur of the moment but only after sufficient planning and discussion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts