·
Registered
27,777 Posts
Monsters said:
wow.......:)
and the Fed girls got to runner-up..
this is probably the best day for Canada
since Mike Weir won the Masters:)
Most Canadians don't really care about tennis, unfortunately ;) When Mike won the masters he came home to drop a puck at the Leafs game and sign autographs for the lineup of thousands.... I'm fairly confident that our man Frank could walk around my town (which is an hour up the highway from his) without being noticed ;)

·
Registered
27,777 Posts
croat123 said:
:woohoo:

(but here's hoping canada draws croatia)
lol... yeah, that would kill our surface advantage ;) I'm not sure who I want us to draw... somebody that will give us a home tie would be nice :) They really ought to hold it in Ontario already. They should reward Frank for his efforts and hold it in his hometown, which would be might convenient for me ;)

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Queen Rebecca said:
Did anybody else watch it?
I watched about 10 minutes of it.I don't really care for men's tennis so I could care less about Davis Cup.I disagree with your earlier post about Canucks not really caring about tennis.Well if truth be told alot of Canadians don't care about any sport but Hockey. :rolleyes: Also,comparing the Masters in Golf to Davis Cup isn't really a fair comparison.Many ppl in Canada have heard about Weir,but how many have heard of Frank what's his name?

·
Registered
27,777 Posts
squawk box said:
I watched about 10 minutes of it.I don't really care for men's tennis so I could care less about Davis Cup.I disagree with your earlier post about Canucks not really caring about tennis.Well if truth be told alot of Canadians don't care about any sport but Hockey. :rolleyes: Also,comparing the Masters in Golf to Davis Cup isn't really a fair comparison.Many ppl in Canada have heard about Weir,but how many have heard of Frank what's his name?
Um.... so where exactly have you disagreed with me?

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
I too think the next tie should be in Ontario or Quebec for that matter. Tennis is way more established in the East than in the West. We've got the big tennis centres out here and all 3 of our countries tournaments (Masters, Rogers, Bell) are either in Ontario or Quebec.

I could handle Frank's hometown..I've got family there I could crash with ;) :p

btw caelestia, Frank is from Niagara Falls

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.