Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venus is not in the final and doesn't win? In the past six years, Venus has only lost on grass to two players: Serena Williams and Karolina Sprem. Serena isn't playing and Sprem got a little extra help.

Can you envision a scenario, outside of injury that would prevent Venus from making her second straight final and winning her 4th Wimbledon title.

two players might challenge her, imho:
1) she loses to Mauresmo in QF or SF, who has always frustrated Venus and has won the last two matchups. They have never played on grass. I think if Venus plays Momo in the final, however, the title is hers.

2)she loses to a promising young big hitter in an early round like Nicole. They have never played on grass, but Venus went away in the final two sets at RG.

what say you?

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
Well, if she can avoid Justine & Momo. But i just hope she'll turn the high level on when needed.
Those past good results kinda get me even more worried. Like that would be too good if the streak goes on.
But i hope & i believe.

Venus. :angel:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Anything can happen and it'll be one match at a time as it always is. I am forever confident in Venus in any situation unless compromised by injury.

·
Registered
80 Posts
well i think if venus plays like she did last year at wimbledon this year !" forget momo and alley because they are pathetic compared to that form on grass venus is the best and i would b surprised if she doesnt get to the final ! but i do believe that she can win her 4th title!

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
vwfan said:
what say you?
I say,
What's with this lame mindset?

I'd hope you are not in any type
of competitive arena even entertaing
these types of things prior to a competition.

Yet, whatever, that's just me. :cool:

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paneru said:
I say,
What's with this lame mindset?

I'd hope you are not in any type
of competitive arena even entertaing
these types of things prior to a competition.

Yet, whatever, that's just me. :cool:
well, i don't have to play the matches, so my mindset is irrelevant. as a fan, i am wondering whether there is some player or some scenario that would pose an obstacle. it's a discussion board. remember?

anyway, i don't see it, especially with mauresmo's performance today.
if you don't, great!

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
vwfan said:
well, i don't have to play the matches, so my mindset is irrelevant. as a fan, i am wondering whether there is some player or some scenario that would pose an obstacle. it's a discussion board. remember?

anyway, i don't see it, especially with mauresmo's performance today.
if you don't, great!
If you say so. ;)

I just don't see what the point
here is? More or less I'm thinking
so long as Venus does her thing it
won't matter whomever else is doing what.

Therefore, I couldn't careless about who's
a possible "threat" or what have you.

It's enough to be all about Venus! :wavey:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Paneru said:
If you say so. ;)

yea your ryt paneru it is enough to be all about venus becuz look at last year guys there was semis day were everyone i no was saying "oo no sharapova is gna win venus cnt keep this level up" well some threat she was to venus because venus stood all over her!!!!!! manesmo hahahaha wat is she gna do on grass to venus? topspin her way to the final yea ryt gt real!.. and justine venus has never lost to justine and wnt lose to her on grass like come on venus against alley on grass that is a match you wud laugh at and no that venus wud win justine doesnt have any weapons to hurt venus with on grass becuz venus can just out serve manover and hit her!
..... and kim well she is gd but venus was able to beat her on grass in wimbly 03 (when she was near death) ojoj but like come on 6/1 in the final set when venus was redy to retire i doubt kim can worry her on grass and then we have petrova .... i have nothing to say about her she is just a waste of my time! well there we go yes paneru is ryt 100% as if venus plays her best on grass no-one can stop her!!! its all about how venus plays no one else!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Paneru said:
If you say so. ;)

:rolleyes: ok. right.

well, it would certainly save me and other of her fans like me, who don't have your incredible belief and foresight, the unnecessary worry lines, if they'd just go ahead and hand her the rosewater dish then and have a few exhibition matches over the next couple of weeks. :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
vwfan said:
:rolleyes: ok. right.

well, it would certainly sae me and other of her fans like me, who don't have your incredible belief and foresight, the unnecessary worry lines, if they'd just go ahead and hand her the rosewater dish then and have a few exhibition matches of the next couple of weeks. :lol:
im not saying she will definitly win and i doubt paneru is either i am just saying that she is the best on grass and if she is playing her BEST then she will win for sure cuz no one can play at that level like venus does but if she isnt then we may see a new champion for wimbledon 06! we are only saying that venus if in form will win! and no matter hu she plays!
..... i am worried but not of who she plays but of how SHE is playing so i am just as worried as u lot!
but not of the feild

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
I'm simply saying that
I'm not stressing over what
may happen here or there.

I have faith in Venus
just as she has in herself. :cool:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Well, I can see both perspectives. I do worry about Venus' draw and seeding etc, because we all know Venus is slow to start in slams, and if she is to be taken out, it will be early, so I hope she avoids certain people early on. However, I also feel that if she played her best, only Henin or Mauresmo would have a chance to keep it close.

But whatever, every fan has their own approach to being a fan, doesnt make anyone a better or worse fan either way.

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
My thoughts are that if Venus happens to get to the finals, she'll (1) have already played six matches on grass, (2) have confidence after winning many matches, (3) have already played a couple of top 10 players.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
If she gets trhoguh her 1st match, I will be happy! She better be prepared! Mattek is no joke! :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts