Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
114,026 Posts
Serena won the US Open in 1999. 21 years later she is in the semis
I dont think think we will see this again. The serve, movement, mental strength, longevity. She is the best woman player of this century, maybe ever
While 3 men are close this century, no other woman is close to Serena

·
Registered
12,094 Posts
it's been a while since a positive thread concerning serena, props for that.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Serena stans are nuts, that’s for sure. I know most of them can’t even hold a job because they are so delusional bwahaha

·
Premium Member
40,518 Posts
Funny how both semis looked like the real final. 🤡

·
Registered
156 Posts
Serena is unbelievable. She always was. And now if she wasn't 39, she would beaten little girl Naomi who wants to be like her but won 2 out of 3 Slams with the help of the good draws. About Serena I could even said most of the time that she is impressive.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree, so many hate threads about Serena, I'll admit I'm more of a Venus fan personally, but it isn't not normal for a 39 year old to still be making slam SF's and making 4 finals, (despite losing them all) within three calendar years. Her longevity is frequently glossed over by many, but the fact that she is beating players almost have her age is just a testament to have good of a players she really is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Best player ever. And not even close. And we all know that. But... while the player is untouchable, it's a challenge (for me) to like the person.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Best player ever. And not even close. And we all know that. But... while the player is untouchable, it's a challenge (for me) to like the person.
That is like saying that Kareem, Lebron and Malone are better scorers than MJ just because they scored more pts while MJ averaged easily more pts per game hence he was a better scorer. Same case here, Williams is regarded as the GOAT when she does not have the best winning % at slams or matches. Maybe she is the best but it cerainly is close. Dont be like Willander that rates her above Federer when she can't even volley. And shame for you not liking a mother.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts