Tennis Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
How are they spending their time---is it wonderful relaxation, or ferociously boring? Will they remember how important it is to keep working out, and even be extra ready for their next match?
Will they remember to eat?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wonder if Serena Williams might? You know she won't do it lightly, but she's getting old to try having more babies and might decide that this family time is more important than chasing slam trophies around the world.
If so would she deserve to have an asterisk placed after the references to her in the Grand Slam history books? :rolleyes:

·
Art & Futures
20,378 Posts
How are they spending their time---is it wonderful relaxation, or ferociously boring? Will they remember how important it is to keep working out, and even be extra ready for their next match?
Will they remember to eat?
first matches back might be quite interesting. a bunch of tranquilized yet feral players, recently released from their cage

·
Registered
855 Posts
I reckon that we will never see a lot of the lower-ranked players again, whether or not they make formal announcements that they've retired. Those who are battling away to earn just a few thousand dollars a year will realise that they can make more in the outside world, even if it's just by flipping burgers. The vast majority simply couldn't survive financially BEFORE Covid-19 - I can't see how most of them are going to cope in a post-apocalyptic world where tennis will not even resume in a meaningful way for several more months (or even longer).

41 - 47 of 47 Posts