Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tammy was named the first player who has won the first-ever match on Arthur Ashe Stadium on August 25 in US Open 1997. Tammy defeated Chanda Rubin 6-4, 6-0 in the first round. :worship:

Can Tammy repeats her victory again in Arthur Ashe Stadium tonight ?

Tamarine Tanasugarn(THA) vs Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)[9] match will be scheduled on 29 August at 07:00 pm in Arthur Ashe Stadium. The match will be broadcasting LIVE on TV in Thailand at 06:00 am in the morning.

Head to Head record : Daniela H. leads 1 : 0
Sydney 2003 :
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) d. Tamarine Tanasugarn(THA) 7-6,6-2

:kiss: C'mon Tammy, hope you make an upset tonight. :kiss:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
713 Posts
Go, Tammy! Do your best! You have a good chance against Daniela, but win or lose, I still love ya! No internet at home in Japan yet, and I don't have WOWWOW, either, but I have to be at school tomorrow morning, so maybe I can peek in on the scores. Good luck to both players!

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TammysBigSis said:
Go, Tammy! Do your best! You have a good chance against Daniela, but win or lose, I still love ya! No internet at home in Japan yet, and I don't have WOWWOW, either, but I have to be at school tomorrow morning, so maybe I can peek in on the scores. Good luck to both players!
Hi Rose, :worship:

I will wake up at 06:00 am tomorrow to watch Tammy vs Daniela match on TV and post LIVE score for you. :hearts:

:kiss: C'mon Tammy :kiss:
---------------------------------

Tammy's news on local newspaper (Bangkok Post):

THAI STAR
Tammy all set for Hantuchova clash

Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn was delighted on Wednesday at ousting Swiss 18th seed Patty Schnyder 6-4, 6-3 to reach the third round of the US Open, where she will face ninth seed Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia.

``I'm pretty happy,'' Tamarine said. ``I seem to get tougher and tougher. My body has gotten stronger. I know I have a great opportunity but I try not to think about it.

``The game is much different than it was five years ago. Five years ago you could go and play just tennis. Now you definitely have to focus on your conditioning. That's exactly what I did.''

Hantuchova said of her next opponent Tamarine: ``I will have to play my best because she is in good form. I was happy with the way I played in the first set today. I'll hopefully maintain that form in the next round.''

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I'm not doing my early Saturday morning jog to
catch this match live on STAR/ASIA!! Yeah!!

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
good Luck Tammy :)

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I like both players. Can't really choose one over
the other. They both deserve and need this match.
I hope it's a good 3 setter. :)

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I like both players, I think this win is really important for Dani's confidence but I think Tammy will win as right now she is more mentally strong and seems to be playing well too. It would be great if Tammy can get to the 4th Rd of the US Open!

·
Registered
11,933 Posts
If Tammy's playing with confidence and stays mentally strong throughout the whole match, I don't see why she can't pull off a win.

Go Tammy! :bounce:

BTW, I wonder whose side the crowd will be on? :confused:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think today is Tammy's day!
I hope she will win.

·
Registered
277 Posts
By the way, I'm glad that US Open puts all Tammy's matches in show courts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts