Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Love the Legends of Tennis
4,464 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
yes,pleeeaseeee. i'm in new zealand now, but i'll be to whalw watching n sunday...i'm interested in a copy, too (as well as in this year pro celeb) thanxxxx

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Greg Norman lapping up his new freedom

GOLF superstar Greg Norman says he has his freedom back following his $100 million settlement and divorce from ex-wife Laura Andrassy.
Norman and his new wife, Chris Evert, speaking tonight on Channel Nine's 60 Minutes, tell of their bewilderment and disappointment after outbursts made last year by Ms Andrassy.

In a deeply personal interview, Norman tells how his ex-wife restricted the friends he was able tokeep.

"You know, it's an amazing thing when a certain amount of burden is taken off your back, a certain amount of freedom is given back to you," Norman says.

He says he has become more relaxed and has settled in his new marriage - a point agreed on by his parents and close friends.

The pair reveal how they moved from being admirers of each other's sporting ability, to becoming friends, confidants and, ultimately, lovers.

When asked whether she was intimidated by the publicity that would surround the nature of their relationship, Evert says love overcomes everything.

"I got to the point where there's no turning back. Is it scary? No, because there's just no turning back," she says.

"You're aware of the consequences and the hurt and everything but, you know, love is a funny thing."

Evert's three children with American ski champion Andy Mill live with her and Norman in Florida.

In the interview, Norman and Evert deny Ms Andrassy's veiled suggestions that Norman and Evert were involved in a relationship with each other before their respective marriages had ended.

Now married seven months, Norman and Evert are planning to set up a base in Australia and hope to build a golf and tennis academy here to give young Australian players the chance to achieve success on the world stage.

Eddie McGuire's interview with GregNorman and Chris Evert will air on 60 Minutes tonight on Channel Nine at 7.30pm (AEDT).

·
4,464 Posts
Hi Daze and pinapin54. Send me a PM with your details and I can organise to send you a DVD each. It was a very nice and fun interview ... I enjoyed it a lot. :)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Could I be cheeky and ask for a copy too! I don't mind paying postage or anything. I live in the UK too. It would be very much appreciated, and I'm sorry for being a pain.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have sent you a PM with my details, tennisvideos. I hope you don't mind running off these extra copies. If I can reimburse you, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

·
4,464 Posts
Hello all

Daze has very kindly offered to allow people to contact him for copies of this show which will save me a lot of time and work.

In addition to the 60 Minutes show I also got some additional footage which was shown today on a TV show here called "Today Tonight".

For those in the UK, if you wish to get a copy locally you can contact Karen at the website listed in my signature below. I am sure you can get it for an extra cheap price from her.

So please, contact Daze for your copies. Many thanks - esp to you Daze for your kind offer. :)

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Did anyone see the rebuttal of sorts on A Current Afair on the following night? Was kind of about reactions to the 60 minutes interview and what people thought of it.

The host Tracy Grimshaw was clearly pro-Laura and was making very obvious comments about the whole thing. I don't know if she just dislikes Greg and Chris or was just affected by the first interview with Laura she had was her, either way it was crystal clear she was showing some bias there.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
We were talking about this in the "The Romance" thread. I thought the reporter was very pro Laura, it wasn't unbiased reporting, in any sense. It all seem very false, exspecially when she said at the end of the piece. "i'm sure Laura won't mind me mentioning." etc, I though Greg anmd Chrissie, came over really well, they seem to be very happy, and crazy about each other.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts