Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Jen'sFan said:
Of course! Serena is young, fit and a very powerful tennis player. Connors is alot older and probably very slow.
And that's the goal of every female tennis player in her prime: seek out a retired male tennis player 20 or 25 years past his prime and challenge him to an exhibition match for great gobs of money. How do you youngsters say it?... PFFFT!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Sammm said:
Of course she could. She couldn't beat Jimmy at his prime, though.
BJK has already gone down this road!

I don't think Serena really cares or is interested.
She's a female and will play female players.

I'm so glad she puts no stock in JMac's wanting to play him or any other male player. It's all about his ego, money, and having something he obviously wants to prove.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Jmac lost to Jennifer Capriati earlier this year in a "practice session" with her (whatever Johnnie mac!) and so wy does he think he stands any better a chance of Beating Serena (who leads Jennifer 9-4 in their H2H???) Jonnie couldnt beat Jenny Cap and he sure as hell wouldnt beat Serena !

·
Registered
504 Posts
Trish101 said:
Jmac lost to Jennifer Capriati earlier this year in a "practice session" with her (whatever Johnnie mac!) and so wy does he think he stands any better a chance of Beating Serena (who leads Jennifer 9-4 in their H2H???) Jonnie couldnt beat Jenny Cap and he sure as hell wouldnt beat Serena !
Very true but then he is just the joker in the pack. I find him funny.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
im starting to wonder though....i think hes being 100% serious about facing Serena when he should be asking Jennifer. Not only have they played b-fore but they are also friends and what a matchup? Johnny Ma and his "prodogy" (the whole on court bitchyness/drama thing jenn has hehehe GO JEN GO!) and that would be REAL money ...an ALL AMERICAN battle of the sexes 2003!!! YEAH BABY YEAH!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
any beats ?? give me yo' money and make sure to keep it in my bra... (itll be safe there...i think!)

my prediction...Jen 3 sets 6-4 7-6 6-2 (best of five sets it SHOULD go hahahaha a la BJK)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Actually that match would be a comedy show.....I mean i'm sure both players would be having a go at the umpire ALOT. I know alot of people dont like it but i love it when Jen loses it! Also, ive seen some clips of Jonny Mac and i love his arguments with the umpires. Class.

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
I don't think Serena has what it takes mentally to beat a man, even a 60 year old. Sure in terms of power & skill, she could beat the current Jimmy Connors on paper. But mentally, she will collapse.

For example, even though Margaret Court is a superior player then Billie Jean King in terms of power etc., Margaret got crushed 6-2, 6-1 by Riggs, while Billie Jean beat him. That's because Margaret couldn't mentally look at it as a normal match and she collapsed. Serena would also collapse when she sees a man the other side, however players like Monica, Jennifer, Lindsay would be able to play. They have what it takes, they are not fragile in front of men like Serena is. :wavey:

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
hahaha thats fucking hilarious...serena fragile??? wow ive heared hr being called a man, but never fragile HAHAH!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
selesrules said:
I don't think Serena has what it takes mentally to beat a man, even a 60 year old. Sure in terms of power & skill, she could beat the current Jimmy Connors on paper. But mentally, she will collapse.

For example, even though Margaret Court is a superior player then Billie Jean King in terms of power etc., Margaret got crushed 6-2, 6-1 by Riggs, while Billie Jean beat him. That's because Margaret couldn't mentally look at it as a normal match and she collapsed. Serena would also collapse when she sees a man the other side, however players like Monica, Jennifer, Lindsay would be able to play. They have what it takes, they are not fragile in front of men like Serena is. :wavey:
:lol: :rolleyes: :p

Monica-No.
Lindsay-No.
Jennifer- :lol:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Serena serves harder than Connors and McEnroe ever did, if I'm not mistaken. She probably moves as well as they did, too. In terms of power, I bet she easily hits her groundstrokes as hard as McEnroe and Connors do now (not sure about them in the past since at their peaks they weren't playing with the rackets Serena gets to use now).

·
Banned
3,052 Posts
Here's how I see some of the results if they play now:

Seles def. Connors 6-4, 6-4 (Monica's angles will be too much for slow Jimmy, and her explosive returns will finish him off).

Davenport def. Connors 7-5, 7-6 (Lindsay's serve will make her win the important points).

Capriati def. Connors 6-4, 4-6, 9-7 (Capriati will run down every ball in every rally and eventually win).

Connors def. Serena 6-0, 6-1 (Serena will be too nervous and will not be able to mentally compete. She will not be able to get over the fact that she's playing a man, just like Margaret Court. But I think she could win a game, MAYBE 2 games but that's debatable).

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
connors def monica 6 0 6 0
monica too slow and lacking in fitness with subdued power and waning motivation would be brushed asided.

lindsay def connors 7-5 7-5

lindsay battling it out with her serve and deep groundies keeping her in the game and in the winners position.

serena def connors 6-4 6-4
she only needs to break him once, which she will and then serve him off the court.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
too funny

Jen wins: 6-1 6-0

serena looses: 7-0 7-0 HAHAHA

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.