Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think she can and she certainly will give Jen Jen a run for her money

should be a great match :bounce: :bounce: :hearts: :worship: love both girls, both are playing great, and i just hope Eurosport will show it :)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I think she can, and maybe even Venus, or definatly Vera. She is playing the best tennis I have seen her play in ages, and in a word Jenny is playing crap. She should have won at least two of her matches 6-0 6-0 this week, and her serve is awful.

I would love for Jenny to win, but I doubt that she will if she continues to play the way she has done.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
I cant wait for this match!!!

Go Nadia! Kick the obese!

·
Premium Member
181,835 Posts
she's got a chance to beat her :) :D
I'm sure she'll put up a great battle :)

but a chance to see it ?? i doubt it
tomorrow's coverage is pathetic
Bikes all the way until 1pm
then 1 hour of tennis then more bikes until 4-15pm :fiery: :mad:

Eurosport pfffffffffffff :mad:

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I dont think she has a chance- jenn has wiped the floor with her opponents so far, nadia might get 3 games in each set- but thats about it. Out of the contenders for the title, jenn, serena, kim and justine have had the easiest matches, one of them will win it.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
SerenaJWilliams said:
i think she can and she certainly will give Jen Jen a run for her money

should be a great match :bounce: :bounce: :hearts: :worship: love both girls, both are playing great, and i just hope Eurosport will show it :)
:wavey: I'm the same....have a HELL of alot of respect for both. I told a friend from here I felt Jen would win the French....and I think her game is better suited than either of the Williams (except Serena...if she plays 100% we all know she can't be beaten IMO).

Nadia....a string of injuries....I want her to do really well....and she has already....I hope Jen wins....not dissapointed if Nadia does :wavey:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dava_russianrule said:
I think she can, and maybe even Venus, or definatly Vera. She is playing the best tennis I have seen her play in ages, and in a word Jenny is playing crap. She should have won at least two of her matches 6-0 6-0 this week, and her serve is awful.

I would love for Jenny to win, but I doubt that she will if she continues to play the way she has done.
LMFAO i would take Jennifers scores so far :eek:

btw TBE u ARE kidding me?? :mad: :mad: Eurosport :fiery: :fiery:

Nadia can def beat Jennifer, Venus/Vera and for sure Kim Clijsters

but she can also lose very badly tomorrow :(

im just glad the injuries seem to be behind her :D

·
Premium Member
181,835 Posts
I wish i was
hardly anything on tomorrow :mad: :fiery:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kirt12255 said:
:wavey: I'm the same....have a HELL of alot of respect for both. I told a friend from here I felt Jen would win the French....and I think her game is better suited than either of the Williams (except Serena...if she plays 100% we all know she can't be beaten IMO).

Nadia....a string of injuries....I want her to do really well....and she has already....I hope Jen wins....not dissapointed if Nadia does :wavey:
lol sure.....until Serena came in2 her own i felt Jennifer was the best American "clay courter" ie having the best "clay game". it could go either way, but the quarters for either (spec Nadia :)) is great :eek:

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Eurosport :fiery:

Yes, Nadia can definitely beat Capriati... I saw the Capriati v Vakulenko match earlier, and Capriati wasn't all that impressive (Vakulenko sucked, though... essentially, if Capriati got the ball in play, Vakulenko made the error). And you say you'd prefer Capriati's scores so far... but she's lost nine games, and Nadia's only lost eight.

Nadia could have won in Rome, but got nervy at the end of the first set, then faded... if she can get off to a better start here, there's a serious chance of an upset.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sartrista7 said:
And you say you'd prefer Capriati's scores so far... but she's lost nine games, and Nadia's only lost eight.

no i said I'D take them......ie if i was playing in a GS i (personally) would take only 9 games lost :eek:

basically.....Capriati has everything to fear. Nadia has nothing to lose and all the talent.....a dangerous combo :eek:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
So we will only get one hour of tennis.

I bet we get more then one hour when the MEN are playing thier forth rounds tommorow.

how shit

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
The opinion seems to be that poor Cappy will go down in defeat. :)

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dava_russianrule said:
So we will only get one hour of tennis.

I bet we get more then one hour when the MEN are playing thier forth rounds tommorow.

how shit
just [email protected] tv guide on the digital.....we get from 1-2 then 4.45 till 9 i think (something like that :eek:)

i swear if we have to watch Linzi-Martinez, or any other unappealing matchups, while the good stuff is on, i will be mad :mad:

im still pissed about that Miami final :fiery:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
U know SJW we probably wont get to see a full match live between 1-2.30Pm

Kudos to ES today for canelcing the Giro till 11.15 but the schedule for tommorow is just not good enough.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea Dava i get u :)

heres some of Jennifers interview :)

Q. Of the young players that you've played who aren't at the top of the game already, who has impressed you the most, would you say, the last couple years, people that you think have good futures?
JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Hmm... Who have I played? I think Daniilidou has a lot of talent. She can get her game together. Name a few, I can't remember.

Q. Any Russians that haven't made it through yet.
JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Yeah, the Russians. I think Myskina is good. Svetlana Kuznetsova is her name, I think she's got a lot of potential.

Q. How about Americans? Harkleroad?
JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Yeah, I think she's a hard worker. You know, she's improved on her strength. Maybe before she kind of didn't have that much bite on her shots.
You know, she'll always give the top players a tough time. You know, against the other players, lower-ranked players, she can beat them because she just moves so well. She just is very consistent.

Q. Speaking of Russians, you have Petrova in the next round. She just said she thought she played you very tough in Rome, and that whoever wins the match will be the mentally stronger player. Just talk about her game.
JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Yeah, well, she's got a big serve. You know, she hits big shots off the ground. She has powerful groundstrokes. She moves pretty good for being a big girl. You know, I think it's up to how I play. If I can still move her around and not let her dictate, you know, try to hold on to my serve, which would be very important because, you know, I had a tough time breaking her the last time.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
No, Jen will win this match in 2 close sets. She has more big match experience, and is striking the ball very well!!!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts