Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she's won Roland Garros.

she's won the USO.

she's hungry and determined enuf to go on and win Australia...

and she was a Wimby finalist in the past so there is no reason to doubt that she can win Wimby next year.

might we actually be half-way thru a "Justine Slam"?

and if Justine does pull off a "Justine Slam", will the media give her more accolades for this accomplishment than Serena ever got??
 

· Don't mess with Texas!
Joined
·
4,900 Posts
ew... Justine Slam has NO ring to it. Lets thin of something different. I really liked how "Serena Slam" rolled off the tongue.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,764 Posts
tennischick said:
she's won Roland Garros.

she's won the USO.

she's hungry and determined enuf to go on and win Australia...

and she was a Wimby finalist in the past so there is no reason to doubt that she can win Wimby next year.

might we actually be half-way thru a "Justine Slam"?

and if Justine does pull off a "Justine Slam", will the media give her more accolades for this accomplishment than Serena ever got??

How does that equate to the Serena Slam? Serena did all 4 of hers consecutively. What you are saying for the Justine Slam really just equals the career slam.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
19,459 Posts
tennischick said:
she's won Roland Garros.

she's won the USO.

she's hungry and determined enuf to go on and win Australia...

and she was a Wimby finalist in the past so there is no reason to doubt that she can win Wimby next year.

might we actually be half-way thru a "Justine Slam"?

and if Justine does pull off a "Justine Slam", will the media give her more accolades for this accomplishment than Serena ever got??
Serena won 4 in a row though. How does a career slam for Justine beat 4 in a row for Serena. I doubt that she will do it anyway. Serena wants that French more than anything and I think Venus will win Australia.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am asking if Justine can win four in a row. she's already won two in a row. can she win the other two next year?

Serena's is not considered a Grand Slam but a Career Slam bec her four wins did not happen in the same year, altho' they did happen consecutively. which is why Serena called it the "Serena Slam".

i am asking if Justine can accomplish the same thing.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
928 Posts
tennischick said:
i am asking if Justine can win four in a row. she's already won two in a row. can she win the other two next year?

Serena's is not considered a Grand Slam but a Career Slam bec her four wins did not happen in the same year, altho' they did happen consecutively. which is why Serena called it the "Serena Slam".

i am asking if Justine can accomplish the same thing.


Roland Garros May 26-June 7, 2003 Justine
Wimbledon Jun 23 - Jul 6, 2003 Serena
US open Aug 25 - Sep 7, 2003 Justine
 

· Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
Joined
·
4,852 Posts
tennischick said:
i am asking if Justine can win four in a row. she's already won two in a row. can she win the other two next year?

Serena's is not considered a Grand Slam but a Career Slam bec her four wins did not happen in the same year, altho' they did happen consecutively. which is why Serena called it the "Serena Slam".

i am asking if Justine can accomplish the same thing.
Wimbly is after RG ;)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes you're right. but no-one is answering whether Justine has it in her to win Oz and Wimby next year which is what i am asking. how hungry is this chick? can she do it?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,908 Posts
I dont think she can, if the Williams sisters are back fit and healthy next year. They are at their best on hardcourts and grass, and are pretty close to unbeatable on those surfaces. Remember how Justine was destroyed by Serena at Wimbledon, and Venus at the Aus Open? She may beat them once on those surfaces, but not for four grand slams in a row.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
You make it seem as if the draws in the Auz, FO, Wimbledon next year will be the same as this year's US open.
First there will be the addition of Venus and Serena who will probably be extra motivated. Second there is that aspect of defending her French open win. It is not always easy to be the target.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,472 Posts
Justine can win any slam especially if the Sisters are not there. Now if an inform Venus and Serena are present probably not. :cool:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks Experimentee. but don't you think that Justine has enuf will and fire-power to win even if the Sisters are playing?
 

· Banned
Joined
·
9,138 Posts
tennischick said:
thanks Experimentee. but don't you think that Justine has enuf will and fire-power to win even if the Sisters are playing?

hey :wavey: To answer your question here, Justine is very motivated, so she will be hungry but one has to wait and see if she can now live up to the expectation after such a wonderful year. I think she's mentally focused now but we have seen quite a few people 'crack' under that pressure...we just have to wait and see. but does she have the game? Yes? The heart? Yes....other factors...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
47,657 Posts
tennischick said:
thanks Experimentee. but don't you think that Justine has enuf will and fire-power to win even if the Sisters are playing?
Beating Kim on hardcourts is a whole different thing than defeating Venus or Serena on hardcourts or grass! On those surfaces the sisters´s serves become WEAPONS! Plus they don´t play passive like Kim, so it will be Justine whom will be made to work hard and running balls down.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
13,564 Posts
As a Justine-fan I really thought that this slam would be the hardest for her to win and she already has it :D She can do it, I hope she'll do it, ... Justine just go for it :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bajangurl said:
hey :wavey: To answer your question here, Justine is very motivated, so she will be hungry but one has to wait and see if she can now live up to the expectation after such a wonderful year. I think she's mentally focused now but we have seen quite a few people 'crack' under that pressure...we just have to wait and see. but does she have the game? Yes? The heart? Yes....other factors...
hey! :wavey: long time no see!

folks are fogetting that Justine beat Serena in France. the Sisters were very much present then. she also lost to Venus in the finals of Wimbledon a coouple of years ago -- and took a set off her in the process. so her abilities against the Sisters have been tested. yes they have more wins over her, but she is stronger, fitter, hungrier and more determined now than she ever was. i think she can pull off a Justine Slam -- and i am conceding this as a non-fan. but i don't have to like her to admit that she has morphed into a formidable tennis player with some power to intimidate. i look forward to a wonderful rivalry between her and Serena. that'll be terrific for women's tennis.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
20,544 Posts
I think after winning two GS she has the mental readiness to win more slams. I think she can definitely win the Australian Open because the ball bounces higher. RG is something she's already won and clay and grass are her best surfaces and since her finals showing in Wimbledon she has made the semifinals. I think she can do it with the sisters there.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top