Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen American Idol except in clips because I've been watching Buffy all season, but I've still been following the show. Anyways, last year, I heard that the judges have the final decision even if the audience votes differently. Is it still true this year?

Simon seemed to have backed Ruben from the beginning. That combined with the comments about how Clay isn't marketable and, while a great singer, isn't really pop star material, and all the hype Ruben gets(I've seen features on Ruben on ET three nights in a row, none on Clay), I'm thinking that Ruben has it wrapped up whether the audience votes him to win or not - especially if the vote is close.

If it is true, I hope that Clay at least gets something from the show if the audeince votes for him as winner. I know that he gets a lot of exposure anyways, but I think he should still get something directly from the show - like a bundle of money or something.

·
Team WTAworld, Superskyderen
13,888 Posts
Clay? Ohhhhh... *swoons* *enters dreamworld* ;)

I don't know - Clay not marketable? He has a sensational voice, a very nice personality and is also nice to look at? :) If Mister Cowell cannot market Clay then, I don't know... *shrugs*

Good luck Clay!! :hearts: I'm sure he will get an amazing career whatever happens... :)

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
By the way, it isnt Simon Cowell who is the one worried about marketing. It is a different Simon. Everyone assumes they are talking about the same Simon but Simon the judge and Simon the producer/big man are totally different.

·
SMUstang,
8,482 Posts
Unless they fix the phones, whoever wins is just going to win by luck. the phone lines are always so busy nobody can get through, so both contestants will get as many votes as the lines allow people to get through....both will have fans who dont get to vote but the question is who has more that dont get through?

Maybe the deciding factor will be the at&t text votes

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
BigB08822 said:
By the way, it isnt Simon Cowell who is the one worried about marketing. It is a different Simon. Everyone assumes they are talking about the same Simon but Simon the judge and Simon the producer/big man are totally different.
Simon Cowell-mean guy
Simon Fuller-marketer

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Lee-Waters' Boy said:
Unless they fix the phones, whoever wins is just going to win by luck. the phone lines are always so busy nobody can get through, so both contestants will get as many votes as the lines allow people to get through....both will have fans who dont get to vote but the question is who has more that dont get through?

Maybe the deciding factor will be the at&t text votes
Agreed. Someone in Florida must be running the voting:p .

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Hows this for "Clay better win or it is rigged.."

Clay is #1 on Amazon.com in sales rank for music! His single is topping their charts and Ruben's single is way down at #368 or so!

Whoever doesnt win just has their CD dropped off of Amazon.com and people who bought it are never charged..

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Clay is so ugly and annoying, I hope Ruben wins.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,062 Posts
While I think Clay is very very talented...his broadway-type voice gets annoying at times. I think Reuben would make better album material.

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
can he win= yes
do i want him to win, and prob many others=no
btw, Kimberly Locke should have won

·
13,888 Posts
*making note to buy Clay's single* :)

Of course, Simon Fuller is the marketer - thanks... :)

And on the subject of marketing, didn't Simon Cowell say that Carmen was the most marketable female in the competition? Aaah, I don't want to "bash" but to me Carmen had the weakest voice out of all the females!! Sooooo...

And now I will stop myself - I believe, if you cannot say anything nice do not say anything at all!! *zzzzzip* ;)

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
clay will obviously win. too damn predictable.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Sorry is it just me are is Clay a little strange, there is something about him that is just too creepy for words, he is no Pop Idol he's a broadway singer.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Funny thing is that on the show Simon's opinion's
are good; but in real life who the fu*k has he
worked with in the music biz... TAKE THAT?
What a joke? Sorry;but working with a lame
ass boy band as credentials is laughable.

The more I see Randy Jackson, the more he
comes off as a sleazy record company guy.

Paula make come off dopey, and too nice on
the judging panel; but she's actually got the
most respectable credentials. I think whoever
she likes more will be the winner.

·
13,888 Posts
Greenout said:
Funny thing is that on the show Simon's opinion's
are good; but in real life who the fu*k has he
worked with in the music biz... TAKE THAT?
What a joke? Sorry;but working with a lame
ass boy band as credentials is laughable.

The more I see Randy Jackson, the more he
comes off as a sleazy record company guy.

Paula make come off dopey, and too nice on
the judging panel; but she's actually got the
most respectable credentials. I think whoever
she likes more will be the winner.
Hmm, did Simon work with Take That? I see that Ruben's first single is a cover of the Westlife song "Flying Without Wings" - for those unfamiliar with Westlife you are lucky *cough* ;) they are an amazingly successful boy band from Ireland...

I like Randy and Paula - I think Paula is the nice, "mother" figure of the show and Randy is nice most of the time...

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Westlife? Arrrhhhh! HELP!!

P. Fiona,

Living to Singapore I'm subjected(ahem..) to
more sugary pop than I can take without getting
cavaties!! Did you know that Aussie pop is huge
here? There was a mob street at some Bardot
autograph session years ago.

Sad to think that bland pop music is type of
material the winners of AI end up doing. I hope