Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She just qualified, won 3 qualies matches in Auckland. We couldnt see anything, just stats...it seems she is struggling a lot with her serve, a lot of DFs.

New racket, new shoes ( Nike and no more Babolat.

I will be leaving the 18th for Melbourne, hope to get to see her winning as many matches as possible, and get some news.

Forzaaa !!!

·
Registered
83,650 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just left Melbourne. I saw both matches so far. I didn't like a lot the way she played in her 1st round match, also considering her opponent was very mediocre. I was sure she would have lost against Kuznetzova...and what a surprise!! Beautufll tennis, a lot of top spin with her FH, finally nice ROS.

I had been able to talk to Sergio for a while, he is confident for this season. Apparently Camila is doing what he is asking her.

Camila herself has been very sweet. She stopped few minutes with us before running away. Look at that beautiful smile (not mine

Attachments

·
7,493 Posts
Just left Melbourne. I saw both matches so far. I didn't like a lot the way she played in her 1st round match, also considering her opponent was very mediocre. I was sure she would have lost against Kuznetzova...and what a surprise!! Beautufll tennis, a lot of top spin with her FH, finally nice ROS.

I had been able to talk to Sergio for a while, he is confident for this season. Apparently Camila is doing what he is asking her.

Camila herself has been very sweet. She stopped few minutes with us before running away. Look at that beautiful smile (not mine
Lucky guy! Thanks for the report. :)

Pity she didn't manage to pull it through against Kerber.... I couldn't stay to watch (too late in the night, too tiring week behind), but I'm happy she managed to snatch at least a set. Angie was never gonna be easy anyway, so I won't read too much into this loss.

Good luck the rest of the year girl!

·
Registered
52,927 Posts
Not down under anymore, but I think we could use this Thread for whole 2020 season! :p

The Quali in Dubai is next. A difficult Q1 vs #1 seed Julia Görges. Good luck! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts