Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...her 2009 French Open draw is sick. I hope she has some great strategy ready as Martin & Harriet did or she's going home VERY early.

On the other hand, if Venus has a killer instinct, this is definitely the French to win. Here is why.

Rnd 1 - Beat Mattek & let her know that the changing of the guard wont be happening as long as you're playing

Rnd 2 - Beat Sabine & let her know Charleston was a fluke

Rnd 3 - Beat Svavay in straights for taking a set off you in Acapulco

Rnd 4 - Show Alona that whether it's in US or France, she only gets 3 games.

Qtrs - Finally revenge that 2003 lost to Vera where you had over 80 unforced errors

Semis - Beat the one of the clay queens, Safina or Ivanovic

Finals - I just think if you navigate your way here with a chance for a clay slam, You aint losing!!! But we'll just hope it's Jankovic, so sweet revenge will be on your mind just one more time!!!

·
Registered
27,919 Posts
Venus + cakewalk draws = :silly: :banghead: so I am excited about her tough draw here :bounce:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I know right...I get frustrated when Venus loses early when she has an easy draw. But when it's tough, I'm okay with the loss. Besides, I'm already looking forward to Wimbledon. Besides, Venus has a ton of motivation during RG. She can try to win her first FO, she can gain tons of points by making it far (and hopefully winning), and she can become number 1 before Wimbledon.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I'm with die-hard and long-suffering Vee fans. This is the best thing to happen to her at RG for a long while.

·
Registered
148 Posts
ARE YOU PEOPLE FUCKING CRAZY!! SHE COULD LOOSE!!!

and the draw gods really! i mean seriously this is the draw you give to Venus! you FUCKING BITCHES.....!!!! aaaaaRRRGHH!!

Count me in as officialy terrified and looking forward to Wimbledon.

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Venus + cakewalk draws = :silly: :banghead: so I am excited about her tough draw here :bounce:
Azinna said:
I'm with die-hard and long-suffering Vee fans. This is the best thing to happen to her at RG for a long while
PREACH :rocker2:

ARE YOU PEOPLE FUCKING CRAZY!! SHE COULD LOOSE!!!

and the draw gods really! i mean seriously this is the draw you give to Venus! you FUCKING BITCHES.....!!!! aaaaaRRRGHH!!

Count me in as officialy terrified and looking forward to Wimbledon.
:haha: :hug: Having tougher draws can sometimes force place to 'SHOW UP' earlier in the tournament. Venus in form can take down all the pigeons in her draw. But regardless, just relax and take it as it comes. ^.^

·
Premium Member
19,803 Posts
I don't trust Venus on clay. Lord knows it's going to be a rollercoaster every match.:lol:

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
...her 2009 French Open draw is sick. I hope she has some great strategy ready as Martin & Harriet did or she's going home VERY early.

On the other hand, if Venus has a killer instinct, this is definitely the French to win. Here is why.

Rnd 1 - Beat Mattek & let her know that the changing of the guard wont be happening as long as you're playing

Rnd 2 - Beat Sabine & let her know Charleston was a fluke

Rnd 3 - Beat Svavay in straights for taking a set off you in Acapulco

Rnd 4 - Show Alona that whether it's in US or France, she only gets 3 games.

Qtrs - Finally revenge that 2003 lost to Vera where you had over 80 unforced errors

Semis - Beat the one of the clay queens, Safina or Ivanovic

Finals - I just think if you navigate your way here with a chance for a clay slam, You aint losing!!! But we'll just hope it's Jankovic, so sweet revenge will be on your mind just one more time!!!
didn't venus just refer to this as "another tournament" a couple of weeks ago? as in, "i have another tournament to play..."

i'm sure another tournament would be great. but i wonder if the french is that important to her.

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
If MLK Jr & Harriet Tubman have the power to affect a tennis match...they aint thinking about Venus a super rich superstar that will never ever in her life want for any of the basic things most people have to fight for...like the single mother who just lost her job and might lose her house...let alone she can hardly keep the light on...

Reactions: Diesel

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
I love tennis and I love the sisters...and I get nervous when they play...but sometimes I have to take a minute and put things into perspective...Like when I am driving to work every morning wonder how much longer I'm gonna have my job for and do I have enough saved...They aint losing a minute of sleep over my problems...:eek: let them b's start paying me for my troubles and i'll be obligated to "shit my pants" everytime they play...:lol:

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I don't trust Venus on clay. Lord knows it's going to be a rollercoaster every match.:lol:
yes its going to be a crazy 2 weeks if she makes it that far. I always get so nervous before a GS theres so much at stake for Vee I jus cant deal with the disappointment of losing which happens more often then not.

Vee u best get ur ass atleast to the semi's i dont want ur GS results to be 2r-3r- and so on. Im sure she dont either. I pray for lots of hot sunny days :angel:

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
i just hope that she gets really serious this time :)!!

I LOVE HER DRAW!!!
she has played them before
and she knows what to expect!!

its a blessing that Venus has played
Lisicki in Charleston
and its just sad that Lisicki got injured!!

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
I love tennis and I love the sisters...and I get nervous when they play...but sometimes I have to take a minute and put things into perspective...Like when I am driving to work every morning wonder how much longer I'm gonna have my job for and do I have enough saved...They aint losing a minute of sleep over my problems...:eek: let them b's start paying me for my troubles and i'll be obligated to "shit my pants" everytime they play...:lol:
:lol: I love you got this comment. It's so true. It makes no sense for any of us to be stocking up on packs of pampers for RG, all these tennis players are privilidged to have people wanting them to win and cheering them on. I never had a forum full of posters wanting me to get 100% in my exams, discussing my latest bedtime outfit or :woohoo: -ing when I do something right. Certainly not anyone on the WTA.

Still love Vee though ^.^

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
it's defdef one of the toughest.

but i'm actually curious to see how it will go.

certanly doesn't look good but it's not impossible for her to reach the QF.

hope she sees the draw and realize that it's tough. :D

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,062 Posts
I love Venus...with all my heart, but i'm steeling myself for the roller coaster ride already :sobbing:.

·
Premium Member
15,684 Posts
I love Venus...with all my heart, but i'm steeling myself for the roller coaster ride already :sobbing:.
It will be a rollercoaster for sure. Venus's problem is that she has waves of good and bad play basically in every match. On clay its exposed even more because points are longer and her opponent can take better advantage of her lapses of good/great play. If she can just play consistent good tennis for two straight sets with no mental lapses against her tougher opponents she really should make it to the QF or SF Im gonna just have faith and watch it all unfold.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts