• yes

Votes: 33 44.6%
  • no

Votes: 41 55.4%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
261 Posts
nope. never have been. players are dying to play but tourney directors insist on byes. yawn.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
the bambi said:
nope. never have been. players are dying to play but tourney directors insist on byes. yawn.
Everybody is always moaning that the season is to long and players get injured and blah blah blah. But here are byes- something that reduces the number of games played for the players who play the most, I think it's a really positive thing. I mean somebody who goes out in the first round all the time may only play around 18 games a year where as a top player may play about 100, it's an easy way of reducing the number of games without shortening the season. :shrug: I know someone said in the other thread that the ATP don't have it so why should WTA, but i think it's a really positive thing and people should be saying the WTA has it, so why doesn't the ATP? :wavey:

·
The long and winding road.
50,744 Posts
james mack said:
i am :)

however, i am not in favour of lucky losers getting them :(
I agree.
james mack said:
why are people voting 'no'?

do you want more injuries and burn out? :shrug:
Only 4 players get a bye, what about the others...Or do only the ones who get a bye risk burn out. :confused:

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
I don't have any strong feelings either way. Live and let live is Helen's view. My person thought is that they're just gay people in denial. I think there's also a difference between physical bisexuality and emotional bisexuality. A load of gay people have had a hetero experience early on, I personally don't think this makes them bisexual, though technically, that is what it is.

·
Registered
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Helen Lawson said:
I don't have any strong feelings either way. Live and let live is Helen's view. My person thought is that they're just gay people in denial. I think there's also a difference between physical bisexuality and emotional bisexuality. A load of gay people have had a hetero experience early on, I personally don't think this makes them bisexual, though technically, that is what it is.
very funny miss. lawson

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I'm not a fan, I feel like they could give more up-and-coming players a chance to get into more main draws, but I totally understand the reasons for having them.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Now that there isn't quality points anymore, I don't think there should be byes, cause it favors a lot for the top players to stay at the top winning only a few matches

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
In a way yes.

Top players are more likely going to play tournaments if they don't have to play until the Wednesday/Thursday. They can fly from a Sunday final to a Thursday 1st round match on the different side of the world. Also means top players wont be prone to injury as much.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
im in favour of byes.

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
james mack said:
why are people voting 'no'?

do you want more injuries and burn out? :shrug:
Because byes are mostly in the bigger tier 1 and 2 tourneys... and only top 4 seeds usually get them (I believe IW amd Miami are the exceptions). I do not feel this is fair to all players - especially now there are no bonus points, AND it's also meaning that some players who could have been in the draw now can't be, coz there are 4 byes.

And I don't think byes make 1 ounce of difference to burn out etc, as most of the top players get injured and they are the ones getting the byes in the first place...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts