Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know good sites to get rackets pretty cheap online? I usually get them around 50% diiscount from a sports warehouse but I'm sure there must be somewhere online to get good rackets cheaper too.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
http://www.tennis-warehouse has this program where you can get a demo racquet from them for a certain amount of time... but to ensure that they get it back, you have to give your credit card number and if you don't return it to them they end up charging it to your credit card. I'm not really sure how the system works because I haven't tried it, but there's an option. They also carry all the pro's racquets (if you are a really serious tennis player), as well as the more money-saving ones. They also have clearance sales as well.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a county player so I know what model of racket I like. i just want to find it cheaper. I always get the racket restrung as soon as I buy it anyway. Looks like I'll stick to the warehouse at the moment.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I got my online from the LTA website i got down from £180 to £150 i was quite pleased!But you have be an LTA member!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Before you decide to buy it on holabird.com or tennis-warehouse, you should browse other websites because I got a Head Ti S2 for $89 (normally $130-160). I forgot the name of the website though, but my point is just check out other tennis websites before you make a decision.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
I purchased my racket from tennis-warehouse.com. They are the official store for the ATP Tour, and are very reliable. The cool thing about them, is that they let you demo the rackets, like Vanity said. I demoed probably 8 rackets before I made the decision to buy mine. The way demoing works, is that you pay for UPS shipping only (renting is free). Usually the shipping costs around $13 of you live in U.S., and that's if you rent up to 4 rackets at a time. You are allowed to keep the rackets for one week before you have to send them back (They enclose a return UPS sticker, so you don't pay for reshipping). If you decide to keep the racket longer than the week allowed, they'll charge you for another week's rental. I've bought clothing and my racket from there. Also, you do not have to order from their site, you can call them, as well. Just visit their website and I think their number is at the bottom of the site.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Jeff, the racket demo thing sounds very good! I might give it a try sometime, since I am always looking to try new racquets.
I always buy tennis apparel from them since it's hard to find here and they are very reliable so I highly recommend them for anything tennis-related!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
Check out eBay.com! There are people who work in stores who sell the racquets over the internet. I got my Wilson Hyper Hammer 4.3 ($200) for $130! Don't worry about not getting your item, these people have done like a gazillion auctions!

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks SBFP and to anyone else who replied. Does anyone know how to work out the grip size you need in American sizes. I always get mine as L3 but the measurements are listed differently in the US seemingly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts