Tennis Forum banner

1621 - 1629 of 1629 Posts

·
Administrator
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,621
Oh, this actually helps provide more information to some things that can be causing these ghost conversations to appear. As a follow-up here, did you receive multiple messages from anyone or were they all from unique sources or did you get several messages from members too. Did these conversations come in while you were on the site or between login sessions?

Thanks for helping us with this.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Users are struggling to find threads made in the last few months/years after the migration.

TF stalwarts like Jorn are being forced to bump threads from 2004....
Why is this still an issue
@steve

I can't find the right thread... so post here..

Coco vs Venus is not on CC on Monday... :eek:

·
🐟🐟
4,446 Posts
There seems to be a new bug.

• User posts a post
  • Post disappears
  • 'New post' alert for followers is triggered, but when you open the Alerts list there isn't any event connected to the alert
  • Email notification is sent as usual and contains the disappeared post
Example #1

Two email notifications. Post from the first notification doesn't exist in the thread and triggered a ghost alert.

Example #2

·
Registered
23,666 Posts
I seem to be experiencing a bug as well

It shows that I have 2 new conversations, but when I open it I do not have any new messages. What's that all about? Do I have messages that I am not able to see or not allowed to see? Is this some error? I have no idea where to post this so I will spam in both threads hoping for some answers :p

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
btw, I just got a phishing message when I visited this page... one of those bogus ones saying that your OS is corrupted, so click here lol

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,923 Posts
I read all my messages and still have this
Conversations 8

It's pretty annoying. Any help with it? Thanks.

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,923 Posts
Well, hello? Is anyone here?

·
Admin
65,992 Posts
Well, hello? Is anyone here?
Several users complained about this bug weeks ago already, the techs wanted to check about it, any new info @steve?

Last posts about this topic were from January..

·
Administrator
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,629 (Edited)
There seems to be a new bug.

• User posts a post
  • Post disappears
  • 'New post' alert for followers is triggered, but when you open the Alerts list there isn't any event connected to the alert
  • Email notification is sent as usual and contains the disappeared post
Example #1

Two email notifications. Post from the first notification doesn't exist in the thread and triggered a ghost alert.

Example #2

This... is new. Mind if we start a conversation with you to see some of the ways we can potentially replicate this to build towards a resolution. Typically this issue presents itself around database splitting or migrations. I know we recently migrated some of our sites onto their own database to boost performance. Have you noticed this issue persisting since it has been reported?

Several users complained about this bug weeks ago already, the techs wanted to check about it, any new info @steve?

Last posts about this topic were from January..

I know the "ghost" conversations is in the queue for resolution. It most recently got bumped back by some other bugs facing the community (Like the spam) but I will work to ensure that once those issues are resolved, that these ones get looked into as well.

-Gerrit

1621 - 1629 of 1629 Posts