Tennis Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1610 Posts

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
I have some news to share now at least!
Please consider taking the action I suggested. That any of these problems lasted more than three days at most is ridiculous. What's going on now is far from "sporadic slowness" nor is it that difficult to isolate where and why such a bottleneck occurs.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What has happened to speed on this forum in the last week? I have accessed this forum on more than 1 computer, and tried Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. It takes forever to open a thread, and takes forever for a post to update. And changing to another thread, or opening players forum takes a VERY LONG time.

·
Administrator
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,284
Hi folks. Apologies for the delay with this. It's not at all that the owners are not interested. Our biggest issue at the moment is that our entire technical team is handling the migration of all of our sites to a new server as well as implementing HTTPS post migration. It's been a really big task and has required all hands on deck, so to speak. Both processes (migration and HTTPS) are known to cause some bugs/glitches in the process, so the team is also trying to manage major fixes that might have resulted. The slowness reported here on tennisforum has been noted (I just checked the reporting document and saw that Kevin has added it already), so hopefully the techs will be able to have a look at this soon.

In the meantime, we truly apologize for any inconvenience!

Cheers,
Erik

·
Registered
17,453 Posts
No need to apologize. It's a free board.

I just think the timing is very unfortunate.
Why not wait until mid november with it?
This board lost a big number of users to another bug and now it's is so slow, that many don't even bother to discuss a sport as fast as tennis at the moment with the ridiculous loading time. Some of them will be gone as well.

·
Registered
81,483 Posts
Why you do that during a slam????

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
Had Halep not lost to Kanepi yesterday, I don't think all the R1 result threads combined would have over 100 replies. TF just keeps hitting new lows.

Just shut the board down if you're not interested in running it properly.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Had Halep not lost to Kanepi yesterday, I don't think all the R1 result threads combined would have over 100 replies. TF just keeps hitting new lows.

Just shut the board down if you're not interested in running it properly.
I think there is an obvious danger that this slowness may work as a vicious circle. People start to send less comments because they start to frustrate how slowly this forum works even if the situation may get better later. Live Commentary section was quite struggle yesterday even if there weren't particularly many posters.

·
Registered
12,719 Posts
Why you do that during a slam????
The people making the decisions probably aren't interested in tennis and don't even know there are peak periods, i.e. slams and an off season. It's hard to imagine any tennis fan scheduling such work right before a slam.

·
Rest in peace Bally
15,158 Posts
IDK what's better, the slowness of this board or the fake camera angle on the brand new Louis Armstrong Stadium! :drool: :hearts: :woohoo:

Let us rejoice and be glad in it! :hearts:

·
Registered
30,806 Posts

·
Registered
81,483 Posts
Looks like they didn´t lost enough user with that " new moderation", passsword gate and now that :help: :facepalm: it is so annoying.

·
Administrator
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,298
We're working on it guys, though honestly we probably should be paying more attention to peak periods. There are limits to what we can do to accommodate, as the site isn't on it's own private server but shares with other sites, but it still would we should be considering more

Kevin

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
We're working on it guys, though honestly we probably should be paying more attention to peak periods. There are limits to what we can do to accommodate, as the site isn't on it's own private server but shares with other sites, but it still would we should be considering more

Kevin
It's extremely embarrassing for anyone involved in running this board that it's practically unusable during one of the two most notable two-week periods of the year for tennis, and anyone half-paying attention to the topic this board revolves around would know that.

I've been coming to this board for 17 years and I've never seen it this dire during a Grand Slam tournament, and internet usage has exploded one thousand-fold since 2001. This situation would be grounds for termination of literally everyone in charge were this an actual company, because this is destroying a board which I'm sure got you a lot of ad views/clicks and revenue.

This site is clearly on its last legs and this week will be the secondary cause of death (the primary cause being the password fiasco which cost hundreds of users).

I remember when and why this board was created. You should literally all be ashamed. It's a disgrace, plain and simple.

1281 - 1300 of 1610 Posts