Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTA directors voted Budapest Grand Prix in 40th best tournements of WTA Tour, that's why Budapest Grand Prix is moved up a level to be a TIER III event from this year with the price 175000 $...

:woohoo:

·
Ági-lover
15,326 Posts
the real reason is that the new main sponsor GDF gives more money than the last one Szerencsejáték Zrt. (Tippmix) :p

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the real reason is that the new main sponsor GDF gives more money than the last one Szerencsejáték Zrt. (Tippmix) :p
That's true, but:

-money is not enough to level up a tournement. See what happen with Dubai! The price in Dubai is 1 million $ but they can't be TIER I event...
-Hungarian Sport Events allways are very-very good organized. Everybody know it.

So, my oppiion is:
Budapest is TIER III event, because of:
-MONEY (from GDF)
-Good organization
-WTA directors votes in best 40 tournements of WTA Tour
:p :kiss:

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:rolls:

na de ilyet! :lol: jó kis vicc :p
De ez most tényleg igaz....Lehet, hogy az előkészületek nem zökkenőmentesek, sőt... Elismerem, az előkészület nem megy nekünk rendesen.

De: maga a szervezés, lebonyolítás mindig világszínvonalúra sikeredik! Ezt nem lehet elvitatni, hogy a lebonyolításban világbajnokok vagyunk! Ne is győzz meg az ellenkezőjéről, mert nem hiszem el úgysem.:)

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
:eek:
is it starting with the 2007 event?
they should have gotten a better entry list if players knew it was Tier III

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
I hope Jie Zheng enters as a last minute Silver WC
she needs points to replace her Estoril 2006 win that is falling off

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
no way for her to receive a WC :nerner:
I know ... I am just joking :wavey:
the Chinese Federation do not allow any of their players to get WC outside of China anyway ... too much restrictions with traveling abroad

but I think she deserves one

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Main Draw Wild Cards :
  • Nagy Kyra
  • Szávay Ágnes
  • Gubacsi Zsófia
how can that be possible? I thought tournament organizers had to hold the 3rd WC for a Gold or Silver exempt player until the week before the tournament

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
How has Budapest been raised to the Tier III category and the Estoril Open hasn't. Estoril is a great tournament all the players say it...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Beautiful Budapest:hatoff:

·
Premium Member
66,167 Posts
I would love to go there cause it's not very far from Bucharest ( a few hours by train, less than an hour with Air) but vacation finishes that monday :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts