Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bucharest R2: Patricia Maria Țig upsets title-holder Anastasija Sevastova 6-2 7-5

You heard it first here, I predicted this after the first round matches! Sevastova with a thriller against Bogdan and young mother Țig very solid and motivated against Anna Bondar.

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
Wow. Great win. I knew Tig was playing well but her opponent had routined her in the past.

·
Registered
10,812 Posts
Re: Bucharest R2: Patricia Maria Țig upsets title-holder Anastasija Sevastova 6-2 7-5

Nastija played pretty poorly today (especially in the first set), barely any first serves and her backhand was leaking errors. But it was still a very entertaining match, and full credit to Tig. I was especially impressed at her defence and then how well she was able to turn that into attack. Was she dropshotting this much in her previous matches? :lol: I often notice when someone plays Seva they will start doing it a lot as well.

Wonder what she said to her at the net? (No drama, it looked like some nice words). :)

·
Registered
88,357 Posts
Re: Bucharest R2: (Q) Tig d. (1) Sevastova 62 75

Anastasija was so bad :help:

·
Registered
16,729 Posts
Re: Bucharest R2: Patricia Maria Țig upsets title-holder Anastasija Sevastova 6-2 7-5

No one is safe in WTA. Doesn't matter where the match takes place.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

At the interview she said Sevastova is one of the players that has inspired her.

This girl is more powerful than Sevastova, is tall, could be like Buzărnescu in short time although we will see her on away courts.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Also a match with about 15 good drop shots, at least 7 from both...

Tig was great! I hope she's not injured
I am sorry your Nastya lost, I admire her she's quality player.

Nastija played pretty poorly today (especially in the first set), barely any first serves and her backhand was leaking errors.)
I don't think Sevastova was playing poorly at all, but also I also don't think she's 100% in her best shape. Today the Latvian was better than 2 days ago, but met a player with great power.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

She was the last top 50 player in a tournament this week, right? Sevastova was a match away from the top 10 last week and now this.

·
Premium Member
27,658 Posts

excellent result :yeah:

·
Registered
42,745 Posts

It’s Kuzmovas to loose now!

Sevastova was injured in her last match, I didn’t think she’d win the 2nd round because of that.
Has top ten just gone for Sevastova!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Honorary Admin
99,498 Posts

Patricia :yeah:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts

In the 2nd set Tig, trying to get to a drop shot, she slid on the dirt and fell rather hard on her butt. Apparently, she injured her left wrist in the fall, but she didn't seem hampered when play resumed.
Tig is unranked, but was ranked #108 in 2016, and is 24y/o.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts