Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They exchanged early breaks in the first set and then it was quite even until the 11th game where Kuzmova converted her 8th BP of that game alone, and didn't really look back after that.

It's Cristian or (hopefully) Rybakina next in the QF, so regardless, there's going to be a talented 20/21 year old in the SF, which is good.

Good tournament for Fourlis as well, coming through 3 rounds of qualifying and winning a main draw match, her first for over 18 months.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I missed most of the second set of this match but I have to say, as a Kuzmova fan, I've not been particularly impressed with her for a while now. She was wrong-footed so many times in this match against someone outside the top 200, and she's still so shank-prone too. It feels like she's stagnating at the moment and I wasn't at all convinced by the first set here, which is concerning because she generally tanks the second set if she loses the first. I'm not convinced of her prospects in the QF, even though the draw in this tournament should be very manageable for her when playing well. Hopefully she proves me wrong because I love her game when she's on.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Happy to see Fourlis make some progress again. She was really promising but hasn't had a lot of good results for a while. Hope she can take this momentum forward.

Kuzmova will probably always be up and down, but in a draw like this (and with everyone else playing such long matches) she could potentially still go all the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts