Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No.1 seed and title holder Anastasija Sevastova needed three sets and over three hours but she's through to the second round at the Bucharest Open after a marathon battle against Ana Bogdan, 5-7, 7-6, 7-5.

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Latvian got revenge against the beautiful Romanian after the 2017 defeat.

Ana Bogdan was 7-5 up, also with 4-2 in the tie-break of the 2nd set and managed to lose it 4-7 (!). In 3rd Sevastova called the doctor because she got injured on her leg at 0-2, but imo nothing really bad. On the other hand, Bogdan had problems with her hand which had blisters I think and couldn't serve anymore so well... Drama kept going when Sevastova served for the match at 5-4 and Bogdan saved 2 MPs, then went to waste I think 2 BPs for 6-6!

3:04 hours

If Sevastova doesn't play like in the last games, she will face problems against Patricia Maria Țig who is back and is very motivated.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Great revenge! Bogdan defeated Sevastova easily in 2017 in Bucharest

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
When is Bogdan finally going to have a breakthrough? Or is she ever going to?
She seems very motivated on court,but her results don’t show the same thing...
Maybe that breakthrough has already come? Maybe making top 100 of WTA was it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
When is Bogdan finally going to have a breakthrough? Or is she ever going to?
She seems very motivated on court,but her results don’t show the same thing...
Maybe that breakthrough has already come? Maybe making top 100 of WTA was it.
Maybe.I hope not... I think she has a better game but something’s missing and I can’t quite determine what it is. Maybe she doesn’t work hard enough? Or maybe it’s a mental problem, as it is for many other romanian players.

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
Maybe.I hope not... I think she has a better game but something’s missing and I can’t quite determine what it is. Maybe she doesn’t work hard enough? Or maybe it’s a mental problem, as it is for many other romanian players.
There is no aspect to her that would be distinguishable against other players. I mean she hits hard but there are many players who do so, she's quite regular from the baseline but there are many players who are more regular there. And like 3/4 of WTA she has no net game whatseover.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I missed the match, and my nerves are probably better for it. :lol: Nastija desperately needs to figure out how to win matches in 2 sets again. Especially considering she retired from the sport because of her recurring injuries a few years ago and still has problems with her elbow from time to time.

Long battles like this are only going to put a massive dent in her chances of defending her title. Hopefully her next round is smoother sailing.

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
Go Anastasija :cheer: She needs to defend this title to get a better chance at finally making this top 10 ranking :D She's 9 points behind Aryna Sabalenka btw. :eek:h:

Reactions: Veesus Christ

·
Registered
44,812 Posts
Very important win for Nastja mentally. A loss here would have been quite damaging to her already rattled confidence. :) Tig could be another big tussle in front of her home crowd. Despite the draw she will have to take it match to match.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts