Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just too tired to post it. At the end of the Jennifer/Justine semifinal he said this:

"Jennifer and Justine played a semifinal with the intensity that the sisters should have when they play each other"

I guess he didn't see this year's AO and Wimbeldon.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
lizchris - Please! There was no intensity in their match at Wimbledon this year. I didn't see the AO final and cannot comment on that, but I saw the Wimbledon final and it was bad. Venus was ailing, and Serena didn't have her normal fire (guess she didn't want to pick on Venus). No way were they fighting like Jennifer and Justine last night.

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
I think he's never going to let Justine live down her antics, or alleged antics. He keeps referring to certain things in critical moments of her matches.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jenglisbe said:
lizchris - Please! There was no intensity in their match at Wimbledon this year. I didn't see the AO final and cannot comment on that, but I saw the Wimbledon final and it was bad. Venus was ailing, and Serena didn't have her normal fire (guess she didn't want to pick on Venus). No way were they fighting like Jennifer and Justine last night.
The fact that Venus even took the court was intense enough for me because she could have handed the title to Serena, but she didn't and is now paying for it.

BTW, I did see the AO final and to date, it is their best Grand Slam match. I don't know where you live, but maybe you can catch it on ESPN Classic if you have that cable channel.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CC said:
I think he's never going to let Justine live down her antics, or alleged antics. He keeps referring to certain things in critical moments of her matches.
I noticed that last night when he alleged that she was faking her leg cramps. I know she wasn't faking the leg cramps because I had a cramp in my calf yesterday and the best treatment for that type of cramp, other than a massage, is movement. My cramp is gone because I did some brisk walking.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Their AO final was good, and more intense than the others IMO. It was great to see Venus go on court to even try and play the match, but noting else was intense about it.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Oh yeah, the Wimbledon final was so intense, especially the final reaction by Serena when she won a GRAND SLAM. :lol: I don't think she even smiled.

·
Banned
635 Posts
lizchris said:
I was just too tired to post it. At the end of the Jennifer/Justine semifinal he said this:

"Jennifer and Justine played a semifinal with the intensity that the sisters should have when they play each other"

I guess he didn't see this year's AO and Wimbeldon.
No offense, but neither of those matches were close to being as good as Jenny/Justine.

The Wimbledon match cannot be called intense, because Serena wasn't even fully committed to winning.

Their AO match probably was their best match against each other, but that's not saying much.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
jenglisbe said:
Who cares :rolleyes: ! The sisters arent even playing there yet someone always always has something to say. Its apparent theres enough intensity between the two of them to be mentioned every 5 mins.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Sly - How true you are. The CBS execs are dreading this final because the only place that the rating will be acceptable will be in Belgium.

The prime time telecast was invented for VENUS & SERENA and it will cease when those two retire. :)

·
Banned
177 Posts
Fantasy Season said:
No offense, but neither of those matches were close to being as good as Jenny/Justine.

The Wimbledon match cannot be called intense, because Serena wasn't even fully committed to winning.

Their AO match probably was their best match against each other, but that's not saying much.
Yea, I guess you consider 112 ue a good match.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TeeRexx said:
Sly - How true you are. The CBS execs are dreading this final because the only place that the rating will be acceptable will be in Belgium.

The prime time telecast was invented for VENUS & SERENA and it will cease when those two retire. :)
How true. It was either a Reuters or AP article that said this was American TV's worsst nightmare.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fantasy Season said:

I guess we wil have to agree to disagree.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
treufreund said:
Ted can lick my ass. Not only does he hate on Myskina, Henin, Clijsters, Hingis but also takes jabs at the sisters.
What did he say about Hingis?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts