Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Magda :hearts: :hearts: She's again in the final of the WTA :cheer: I'm so happy. From qualifying to the final.. 7 matches won.. amazing result for my hero :cheer: now Giorgi(probably).. Magda has to improve tomorrow. GO Magda you can do it

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Very well played by Magda, so big congrats :cheer: Siniakova on the other hand was atrocious.
Good luck in the final!

Two Magdas winning at the same time :hearts:

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
3-0 vs Siniakova now. Hopefully she is not that much bruised

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Thank you Magda. :hearts:

Hopefully she will give everything in the final now, because she will be to tired for US Open and doesn't have a good draw there.

·
Registered
13,982 Posts
Hurray Magda! :D

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Siniakova as annoying as always. Just lunges herself at every ball with no gameplan and runs around like a headless chicken until she implodes when she's ahead.

·
Banned
15,186 Posts
Königin saves tennis too! :hearts:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Impressive performance by Linette, very solid serve through all the tournament.

Has she changed coach, or added someone to the team?

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Love that! Sooo happy for Magda! GOOD LUCK in the final! :hearts:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has she changed coach, or added someone to the team?
Yep. This season she rearranged her team. Her longtime coach Izo Zunic (2013-) was moved to "team manager" position, and she employed Mark Gellard as her tennis coach.

Magda is practicing in China since years. Spending there whole off-season for last couple of years. Even her sponsors are the chinese brands, not polish ones. And in China she met Gellard who was a coach at on of the chinese academies.

Both Gellard and Zunic say that biggest gap in Magda tennis is her attitude. The way she is not believing in her potential. She is one of the hardest working players in the tour and most devoted to tennis. But on the other hand she is the one that on court is not self confident enough and lacks courage and pinch of "insanity".

I read interview with Gellard few weeks back. He said that biggest advantages of Magda are allcourt play and her psychical shape. Disadvantages - her mentality - she criticizes herself a lot and does not believe that she can win with the best. What they try to improve this year is serve, volley to bring more diversity in the game.

And what my opinion is that after coach switch Magda dropped a bit, but then match with Halep on RG was a perfect medicine for her mental gap. I expect she is now on her peak of career (considering momentum, age etc). She wasnt better, and wont be in the future but its her time, and it only depends on her how high this peak will be. She is 20th in Race for Tokio now.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Yep. This season she rearranged her team. Her longtime coach Izo Zunic (2013-) was moved to "team manager" position, and she employed Mark Gellard as her tennis coach.

Magda is practicing in China since years. Spending there whole off-season for last couple of years. Even her sponsors are the chinese brands, not polish ones. And in China she met Gellard who was a coach at on of the chinese academies.

Both Gellard and Zunic say that biggest gap in Magda tennis is her attitude. The way she is not believing in her potential. She is one of the hardest working players in the tour and most devoted to tennis. But on the other hand she is the one that on court is not self confident enough and lacks courage and pinch of "insanity".

I read interview with Gellard few weeks back. He said that biggest advantages of Magda are allcourt play and her psychical shape. Disadvantages - her mentality - she criticizes herself a lot and does not believe that she can win with the best. What they try to improve this year is serve, volley to bring more diversity in the game.

And what my opinion is that after coach switch Magda dropped a bit, but then match with Halep on RG was a perfect medicine for her mental gap. I expect she is now on her peak of career (considering momentum, age etc). She wasnt better, and wont be in the future but its her time, and it only depends on her how high this peak will be. She is 20th in Race for Tokio now.
interresting, thanks for the infos:wavey:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts