Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm crying.... Magda, you are a real hero . What a fight, what a tournament. First WTA titel for my sweet Königin :hearts: :hearts: I waited for this moment so many years :bigcry::bigcry: hopefully it will be a new start for Magda. I hope she'll be ready physically for US Open. Osaka in trouble?

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Crying :inlove:
Madzia did not choke, she was chasing and she won :cheer: second polish player to win Wta title :cheer:
Izo looked so happy too :tears:

Attachments

·
Registered
34,097 Posts
Evil is vanquished, WTG Magda! :worship:

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
First title for Magda and winning the tournament from qualies, 8 matches won! What a story for her! I'm so happy with her.

It was very good final, not the best quality, but some drama and lot of fighting.

Camila choked from 4-2 in the 3rd set, but Magda also stopped to make UEs from this moment and played with more confidence.
In overall it was very tight and competitive match, single points decided on this win.

Crowd was also involved and made nice atmosphere, lack of hawkeye was very noticable in this tournament though.
I don't know if it will be continued next year.

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Banned
15,175 Posts
Congrats Königin! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Reactions: Siegerin

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
Such a win for Linette, her 1st WTA title and winning 8 matches in the row here* :bigclap: :sobbing: She went for it (just take a look at these forehand down the line winners in the last couple of games) and never doubted in herself. I was thinking that Camilla would be too much in the final for Magda with all her power and I preferred Snow White as an opponent but so glad I am proven wrong.

*WTA 125k are "quasi-WTA titles" for all we know :hysteric:

Also good for the crowd to show up & be engaged after dead matches of earlier this week because it felt like watching an ITF tournament in the middle of nowhere or Baku Slam.

Reactions: Ed Hominan

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Giorgi ran out of gas by the end but Linette was still going in her 8th match, really strong fighting spirit from Linette happy for her.
Giorgi just hit with the same pattern all the time, it is what is it you can deal with her once you got use to her power.

·
Banned
704 Posts
Honestly giorgi’s game is so one dimensional and basic. Hit hard crosscourt and that’s it. No variation in her serve, no spins or shape or slice variation, very brainless, I play way better than her, mixing it up with spins, speeds, and heights etc etc

As soon as linette throws a high ball, or a even a mediocre slice, giorgi makes an error

And now she is 1-7 in finals lmao

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
I should have been a betting man this week. I had a hunch right from that start of this tournament that Linette would win this title. Sometimes players have that look and hunger that gives off the ‘I’m going to be the champion this week’ vibe.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Old habits die hard for Camila : sobbing:
3 of the last 4 games lost to love :hysteric:

Magda :cheer: great week for her :cheer:

·
Registered
38,316 Posts
Whateverin :cheer:

Reactions: Perun and posthuman

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
What a fantastic and very well deserved result from Magda!
Love her so much :hearts:
Hope it really is a start of something new for her!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts