• No

Votes: 41 85.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A theory I'm working on - take away the fact he's British, do you like Tim Henman or not??

Non - Brits, I'm sorry, but this won't work if you vote, so please don't.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
No, I definitely don't like him. Partly just the backlash against the hype (the British media insistently portraying him as potential champion material, when it's clearly obvious he's not), partly him. Drippy, insipid; the fact that his favourite CD is David Gray speaks volumes. :shudder: Also he's against equal prize-money for the women.
Having said that, I'll probably support him if he gets to the Wimbledon final, there aren't too many ATP players I like all that much. Except Marat :drool:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
No not really i just ahte the whole 'right Tim Henman is on telly all other matches are banned' theory i support him in Davies Cup and at Wimbledon i like him doing well cos hes british!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
At Last!!!!!

I don't like Tim at all! He has very little which I find interesting in a tennis player. Even his wife - his wife for Chrissakes - looks as dull as dishwater.

Oh, one exception: When he's playing Davis Cup (a la at the weekend) I kind of want him to do well out of some misplaced patriotism.

Down With Tim!!!! :D

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I don`t vote but I still have a question. Can you send this poll to the bbc when it`s negative? Maybe we will see something more as him in wimbledon this year then :rolleyes:

·
63,516 Posts
LOL! No one likes him :eek:

BTW - I don't vote ;) Don't worries :p

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I mainly dont like him because he use'd t do well on grass and he suddenly was king of tennis!!!
Also they never say anything about Greg Rudeski!!!
One thing was in the Aussie Open they where Seles Vs Garrigues then Henman. They where talking for about 10 mins about Henman, delaying the Seles match. Then when the Seles match started they carried on talking about him when they where playing for 2 games! Then after the match they carried on talking about Henman, giving no comment on Seles!!!!

So basically I dont like him because he get's to much publicity and overshadows other british talents when he shoudnt!!!

·
1,793 Posts
I'm not his biggest fan. Mainly due to the fact that the Wimbledon fortnight is basically Henman's private circus. He and his family are on the screen more and more and it's just getting too much.

To be honest I find him incredibly boring as a person, especially when he gives an interview. Maybe he's different in person (like I'll ever get to know)

His wife is another matter though. ;) :)

What has he ever won? The way he's built up, you'd think he was a multiple Slam champion. He's never even won a Slam title in Mixed Doubles.

·
Premium Member
181,845 Posts
Rom ......

can i vote ???

If i did it would be NO

I do have a Briitish passport as well :rolleyes:

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
God i cant belive its 0 - 11, for a good player you have and you dont like him?? Maybe its cause british are too busy followin their women players....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I Hate him i hate him i hate him.

When are pple going to realise he is an under-acheveinving over-hyped mediocre player with no good consistent results over top players.

And when will teh public and media realise that British Tennis is NOT THE TIM AND GREG SHOW!!!!!

For God's sake even Martin Lee oculd ahve done better against Enqvist.

And as for teh way our women are portrayed by our media - dont even get me started. How can tehy ebe xpected to bt a player ranked 150 place sabove tehm JUST because its wimbledon adn its grass! About 70% of British players hate grass as mucha s they hate clay!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! :fiery:

Paul

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
No, no and thrice No! Characterless, fop-haired publicschoolboy type. Its like talking to a plant watching his interviews.

(I am British, honest, I just live in Spain!)

·
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heh. Well, this isn't surprising....

TBE - Sure you can vote :)

I'll keep this openfor a couple of days and will reveal to you my theory, it's quite obvious by now, but I can't tell you incase it influences your voting :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Ummmmmm..... Well, i want Tim to win, whoever he faces except Greg (I'll always support Greg over tim, even though Greg isnt fully British lol)

So i do like him.
I don't disslike him, i have no reason to dislike him :rolleyes:

Just to be different.... :p

·
Registered
214 Posts
I HATE him too. Snobby, stuck-up git. His wife is the same ive kinda met her and oh she soooooo flaunts her MASSIVE rock on her finger!!!

Im a massive Greg fan though!!! He is THE MAN!!

:wavey: :) :bounce: :wavey: :bounce: :)

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Well, I don't like his personality (boring) nor the media portrayal of him nor the constant TV coverage of his every move. On the other hand, I quite like his style of tennis...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts