Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I mean semi famous, I mean they have at one time released a record and have been famous over here and need their careers/publicity relaunching. Feel free to post your own suggestions

Sam Fox - Actually did make the Song for Europe shortlist one year but lost out to Gina G. Was on ITV's "The Club" series but wouldn't have got much publicity out of it as hoped for as hardly anyone watched it. Another "Touch Me" and she would have a strong chance of winning.

Louise Redknapp - Been off the music scene for a while, did a mishit cover of Stuck in the Middle with you, and would be desperate to stop being seen as Mrs Jamie Redknapp... although many women would probably kill to be in her position regardless of chart success! Possible candidate but I reckon she has higher standards than Eurovision.

Right Said Fred - Now this WOULD be interesting. And could be a combination that would work. I think that we'd have a damn good chance with Richard Fairbrass and co.

Richard Blackwood - Purely on the fact he needs the money after his A celebrity lifestyle for a H list celeb rendered him bankrupt. He wanted to be the British Will Smith but lacked the charisma and talent to be such a known figure. Strangely one of his songs became the catalyst for a Belper Town song for Left midfielder Richie Butler (1,2,3,4 get with the wicked). Wouldn't be too keen on him representing us.

Gina G again - Following her recent stint on the Reborn in the USA tour, Gina G has been there before and performed credibly. Could have a second one in her.

Jemini again - Give em a second chance with a decent song. I think Gemma was totally put off her act by the lass from Tatu who was stalking her. Although get rid of the bloke and replace him with someone more suitable like myself.

Jimmy Nail.

Mark Owen - Won celeb Big Brother and a win in Eurovision could rekindle his pop career... maybe.

Terry Wogan - Had a number one hit with Floral Dance in the 70's, would be great if he could commentate for the UK and perform on the same night... and win. Either way the guy is still a legend.

Others...

Brian Harvey
Gary Barlow (although he is apparently making a killing in songwriting)
Jordan (please no)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Russia did well with two girls who are "two-hit-wonders", so why not send the Cheeky Girls?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Fieke said:
Russia did well with two girls who are "two-hit-wonders", so why not send the Cheeky Girls?
Are they British :confused: ?! I thought they are from somewhere more south/east ...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
maya said:
Are they British :confused: ?! I thought they are from somewhere more south/east ...
As far as I know they were discovered during the British Pop Idol contest, so I assumed they were British...

I might be wrong though...

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
The performers don't have to be English, just the songwriters.

Which is a good thing for us - we could get anybody theoretically.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
Didn't Celine Dion play for Switzerland one year?

Anyway, I read somewhere the Stone Roses were considering reforming (for the money :rolleyes: ) so maybe we could get them to do it? As long as they don't enter One Love.

Billie? She's got nothing better to do.

Bob the Builder?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
The rule is deffinatly that the song writters have to be from that country. The person who won it for the UK in 1997 was Canadian so in theroy the Cheeky Girls could go (and lets hope they dont return!!!)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Inspiral Carpets have just reformed too... but they aint Eurovision... you need a pop act.

Billie could be an option...

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
If Billie was chosen, then we'd probably have to see Chris Evans again! He could always bribe people to let her win.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We do see Chris Evans, he chaffuers the winners of Boys and Girls off in his Golf Buggy... not anymore tho cos his show wont be commissioned for another series!

·
20,264 Posts
If we are talking about Chris Evans, then why not get Zig and Zag to do the Eurovision for us, they can't be doing anything these days.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Martin, we must be thinking on the same wavelength here as I actually missed them out in my first post when I was going to put them in....

A puppet entry in Eurovision would be novel, and everyone liked Zig and Zag... I had Zig and Zag pyjamas when I was a kid. They were so cool... and that song they did lol, qualitage. I think they'd win! You could have Cosmo and Dibs from Me and You as backing singers... but hold on... the voices to Cosmo and Dibs were the same as the voices to Zig and Zag so I'm told.

·
20,264 Posts
Zig and Zag were great, everyone went on about how great the Big Breakfast was when it was Chris and Gaby presenting it, but it was because of Zig and Zag!

What was the song called? I'm sure I've got that on a complication cd somewhere! I'd forgotten about Cosmo and Dibs, they were class, I'll now have the You and Me theme tune in my head all night now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts