Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so ashamed of British Eurosport. They zoomed in on Venus 's notes and read them out loud. I think that this is an invasion of privacy and that Venus should take up the matter with them.
They should have some respect for players including the William sisters!
It is very obvious that these notes are private and they should be disgraced of themselves.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It is not British EuroSport's fault. The pictures come from whichever Australian TV channel has the rights.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
I saw her notes on my TV too... :eek:

I didn't quite see what they were though, the commentators did not read them out either.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
I bet they just said: "hit harder!" ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I saw Serena Williams' notes last year during a match with Jennifer Capriati and they were a great read actually!

Lots of good motivational stuff.

Certainly is a good idea to keep focused.

Wonder if it would count as coaching if your coach wrote down everything you needed to remember and you took the notes with you.

Do Venus and Serena have to have their notes checked by officials to see if there is coaching, because I have never seen any tips on how to beat their particular opponents when I have caught a glimpse of their notes.

Would this be construed as coaching?

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Mark Newman said:
It is not British EuroSport's fault. The pictures come from whichever Australian TV channel has the rights.
That would be Channel 7. :mad:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I'm may not a Venus' fan... but still I think it's so rude and intrusive for them to zoom in on their private notes! I hope it wasn't read out loud, was it?!:(

·
Premium Member
181,849 Posts
eurosport do have some of their own cameras there as well.
I see one or two everyday as I go into Main Entrance.

but the court coverage is all from Channel 7.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Yes it's channel 7...

And if you can't see it, the commentators will tell you! LOL ;)

I remember Billie Jean King and Liz Smylie were commentating and one of them said the note says "Keep your head down, stay low, Focus". I think there was something else too, I can't remember.

Anyway it's not really invasion of privacy. I mean there are cameras everywhere on centre court (the players are aware of that)... and it's a tennis match, I don't think any player goes out there wanting to preserve their privacy (whilst on court).

I mean let's face it, it's not like Venus is writing a love letter at the change of ends and the cameras are zooming in....

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
OMG this topic is too funny :)

No offence but if Venus wants privacy on a court where there are cameras looking at her from every angle then she'd better keep her notes more well hidden, or make the writing smaller.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts