Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
2,412 Posts
I like you, but I think you’re playing naive on purpose.
1. She hasn’t beaten Barty since 2018, and she last beat Halep in 2017. She got embarrassed and booed last time she played Barty in Australia.
2. Beating Sabalenka and Pliskova isn’t too big a deal. She needs to prove she can beat the best players like Osaka and Andreescu.
3. Entering all these tourneys with wildcards has got to be demoralizing.
4. Taking up these wildcards wastes opportunities for better players who could actually use them to improve their rankings.
5. The draw may have been fixed for her to play Serena, but at least Maria can say she lost to a superior player. Losing to qualifiers is just embarrassing.
6. The democrats need to come for Trump, and the Republicans do too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm 100% sure Sharapova wants to play Andreescu and see what the fuss is about. She wants to play Osaka again. She wants to play Bertens and Halep again. She wants to play but it's like the Universe is against her. You know she wants to play and win again. We all know that. I think many people are actually angry at her for not winning and proving people wrong. She will just keep on trucking and hopefully, she can meet those players but she needs to win a R1 match and that's been quite tricky lately. However, with that low ranking, she will face top players like Serena early week in and week out so we may see some of these matches with every WC she takes.

·
Registered
16,447 Posts
She's beaten Halep, Barty, Pliskova and Sabalenka. Hasn't had a chance to play any other top ten's. Drawing Serena in R1 was very unlucky (or rigged).
I remember reading here that her best chance to beat Serena is to face her early in the draw. hmmmmmmmmm

·
Banned
2,412 Posts
It's been quite a long time since the last time I saw her winning. And even so, I don't remember any "Masha is back!".

Right now she is irrelevant, whether she quits or not.

You reap what you sow. They both deserve it for their history and all the condemnable acts they've committed.

Give up on Masha pal. You're an Ostapenko fan right? Now, that's someone who is worth giving it a chance. I'm sure she'll bring much more joy to you than the has been.
Lewis...you clearly don't know how loyal I am. I'm here until the end...no matter how sad or glorious. I am ride or die. I do love Ostapenko and after Masha, I'm glad I have her to watch in the coming years. She's my second and I guess I may just be a masochist because she has a game that causes heart attacks too.

I have a lot of loyalty and faith and belief in what is possible. I'm an Aquarius so that's how it be.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Like I said, it shows absolutely no bravery or gumption to trash Maria. Never forget, she ended your fave's career in 2006.
Amelie Mauresmo won The Australian Open and Wimbledon in 2006. Amelie left the sport with dignity, without a blemish to her name and reputation, and is respected and popular in a way Sharapova will never now be.

·
Registered
17,719 Posts
Sharapova needs to figure out what to do with her serve. In today's game, having a big serve isn't necessary. She needs to find consistency and placement with a high percentage of first serves, without feeling like she needs to hit them like she's still at her serving peak. I think the ground game looks OK and at least she completed the match.

·
Registered
10,678 Posts
Why do nose-strip wearing, double-faulting, arm-massaging, part-time tennis players think they can just waltz in, and beat younger, fresher full-time players with match practice as if they are in their glory days of yesteryear?

Well done Brady.

What is that nose-strip supposed to help you for? I've seen it in other athletes too. Does it make you breath easier, or sth?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Brady is such a scrub. Any decent player would have finished the job in two sets. This girl decided to pull a Serena and have a slow start. Really, the only reason she lost the first set was because she had a slow start. Nevertheless, this is a great result. Tennis saved.

·
Registered
46,604 Posts
What is that nose-strip supposed to help you for? I've seen it in other athletes too. Does it make you breath easier, or sth?
I wear it to sleep...can breathe much better through the nose. Otherwise I'd have to mouth-breathe to sleep and no one wants that.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts