I'm 100% sure Sharapova wants to play Andreescu and see what the fuss is about. She wants to play Osaka again. She wants to play Bertens and Halep again. She wants to play but it's like the Universe is against her. You know she wants to play and win again. We all know that. I think many people are actually angry at her for not winning and proving people wrong. She will just keep on trucking and hopefully, she can meet those players but she needs to win a R1 match and that's been quite tricky lately. However, with that low ranking, she will face top players like Serena early week in and week out so we may see some of these matches with every WC she takes.I like you, but I think you’re playing naive on purpose.
1. She hasn’t beaten Barty since 2018, and she last beat Halep in 2017. She got embarrassed and booed last time she played Barty in Australia.
2. Beating Sabalenka and Pliskova isn’t too big a deal. She needs to prove she can beat the best players like Osaka and Andreescu.
3. Entering all these tourneys with wildcards has got to be demoralizing.
4. Taking up these wildcards wastes opportunities for better players who could actually use them to improve their rankings.
5. The draw may have been fixed for her to play Serena, but at least Maria can say she lost to a superior player. Losing to qualifiers is just embarrassing.
6. The democrats need to come for Trump, and the Republicans do too.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk