Tennis Forum banner

1 - 21 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
29,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice fight but Sharapova hit two DFs down *3-4 in the TB which sealed the deal. Entertaining third set.

·
Banned
2,412 Posts
Strong start and good fight from Maria but bitch can't serve to save her life. So many blown chances. Brady wasn't even playing good, just serving better than Maria.

Being a Sharapova fan is tough but we get back up and try again.

She better get a WC for another event because I don't think AO is gonna want to waste a WC on her if she ain't gonna perform.

·
Registered
84,403 Posts
Tragic for the russian. Very sad.

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
So she's fully healed and completely healthy according to Piatti but loses her first match to Jennifer Brady looooooooooool. Great start to "attacking 2020" like he was bragging about. ?

·
Registered
600 Posts
She should focus her tennis career on appearance fees from Tiebreak Tens as that's all the steam she seems to mustet

I am sad it's come to this :(

·
Milk and honey
3,310 Posts
Sigh. Even after a somewhat fast start I should’ve known better than to think she’d win this when she posted a pic on Instagram 3 days ago of her in a hospital bed with a virus. She looked even more lethargic and slow than usual and almost a bit pale after the longer rallies.

Brady played a great second set, third set was patchy but Maria’s cluster DF’s along with Brady finding her forehand enough times just made a little difference in the end. Maria looked absolutely gassed by the end of that one, I hope whatever she has is minor and she gets herself 100% for the AO.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Close match lasting over 2 hours ... hopefully no injury next.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Only saw the tiebreak. Sharapova's waiting time for the serve has gone to Nadalesque lengths. Consecutive DF's and a flopped volley to end it.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
No idea how Brady needed over two hours for this.

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
Sigh. Even after a somewhat fast start I should’ve known better than to think she’d win this when she posted a pic on Instagram 3 days ago of her in a hospital bed with a virus. She looked even more lethargic and slow than usual and almost a bit pale after the longer rallies.

Brady played a great second set, third set was patchy but Maria’s cluster DF’s along with Brady finding her forehand enough times just made a little difference in the end. Maria looked absolutely gassed by the end of that one, I hope whatever she has is minor and she gets herself 100% for the AO.
Piatti said she was fully healed. Don't even go there with the health issues excuse lol.

·
Registered
84,403 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Strong start and good fight from Maria but bitch can't serve to save her life. So many blown chances. Brady wasn't even playing good, just serving better than Maria.

Being a Sharapova fan is tough but we get back up and try again.

She better get a WC for another event because I don't think AO is gonna want to waste a WC on her if she ain't gonna perform.
Wasn't this renewed Sharapova supposed to beat Serena 6-0 6-0 as you stated ??

ROFLMAO ? ? ?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
It´s sad for Sharapova but she should consider, either changing her brainless power game or retiring soon. I really felt sorry for her in the end with those DFs

·
Banned
2,412 Posts
Why do nose-strip wearing, double-faulting, arm-massaging, part-time tennis players think they can just waltz in, and beat younger, fresher full-time players with match practice as if they are in their glory days of yesteryear?

Well done Brady.
Did you even watch the match? Sharapova had it. Then she didn't. It's tennis. Brady deserved to win. She won three matches to get here but Sharapova was present tonight, she just couldn't come up with a good serve when she needed it. For most of the match, she had Brady on the run and was hitting very well. Serve was ok to start but started going away in set two.

1 - 21 of 126 Posts