Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's early and all, but I just can't wait for 2016 to start :eek:h:. And since I started the winning thread last year as well I guess I'm opt to open this one as well :tears:
Maria will be attempting to defend her title here :cheer:

Let the games begin :eek:h:

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Brisbane 2016: Error 404 odd year not found! Bring it on!

I just remembered last year's ceremony featuring queen VIP seething during Martha's speech. :hearts:

Her return of serve last year was on fire tbh. too bad it didn't last more than 2 tournaments. :tears:
Acapulco :eek::eek::eek:

She played such brilliant tennis throughout the tournament last year :worship:.

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It will be tough, there are good players, but I hope she can play like she did last year and win again.
I hope so too. I mean, last year all of her matches were brilliant, especially considering that she was coming off of a very ify WTA championships the previous year :tears:

·
-Team Yastremska-
3,210 Posts

I hope so too. I mean, last year all of her matches were brilliant, especially considering that she was coming off of a very ify WTA championships the previous year :tears:
Her Brisbane form was almost as good as at Beijing (ok, -10,-15% brutality) but both of those finals ... it was ookay from her at max. :lol: Still won, so who cares! :hatoff: :bigclap: Both gave me pure adrenaline.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts

she played so great in this tournament last year, hopefully she can bring it up again

·
Registered
4,052 Posts

Is she gonna wear the blue dress from Singapore? Love that one, it's gorgeous, although deep inside I wish she can wear that red fed cup kit for one last time :eek:h:
Strong field this year. I'm hoping for a Masha-Garbine final :drool:

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

So there's a chance for Maria to play Vika here :eek:h: I really hope she does.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts

Her play was outstanding in the first three rounds last year and she really toughed it out in the final when she really needed it.

It felt so nice to finally see her win an AO warm-up, though. Before she used to never play one and the that one horror Auckand stint followed by Brisbane 2014 (THAT TB against Serena :hysteric: )

Playing a first round will do her good. It really depends on the draw because this is a really hard field.

She's undefeated against the two top seeds but that shouldn't be taken lightly. First tournament of the season after all with a lot of potential dangerous floaters.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts

:yippee: She's on her way to Brisbane.

:hysteric: I went to Google and there was only one Virgin Australia flight from L.A to Brisbane when Sven tweeted. That means Maria will arrive there on Wed at 7:10 am Brisbane time (10:10 pm CET today ; 4:10 pm in NY).
OMG I'm just pathetic, stalking flight arrivals :facepalm:

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Maria is gonna have to be at her very best if she wants to win here. I mean she could probably face Azarenka-Muguruza-Halep back to back :sobbing:

·
Registered
412 Posts

^I'd love for that to happen. She needs the bar set with some tough competition before going to Melbourne. Even if she loses to one of those girls in Brisbane, it'll only benefit her in Melbourne. Just like how she needed that Singapore match against Petra(having not played against a power player in awhile) to beat her back at Fed Cup. As long as she feels completely prepared and confident going into AO.
So excited to see Maria playing again.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts