Tennis Forum banner

5081 - 5100 of 5119 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,816 Posts
We are under 9pm curfew and other strict measures since October. It's neverending hell.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I’m in Denver. We’ve been in a stay at home order with a curfew for a while, but looks like restaurants are starting to open up for in person again for reasons.....I have my bubble that I’m allowed to see, but we were all on pause over December due to some potentially seeing one person in their family. I’ve been working from home, living at home, trying to go for a walk every day, trying to get back on top of work things. I think not being able to see my family over Christmas or Thanksgiving for the first time in 26 years hit hard, and I didn’t do the right things to cope as my gym is shut, it’s cold, and I’m stuck playing Crusader Kings.
Things started to get better, but then I had a friend in the ER due to Covid complications this weekend, another one passed away, so my mentality and motivation for work are shot. Florida sounds nice this time of year.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,589 Posts
I’m in Denver. We’ve been in a stay at home order with a curfew for a while, but looks like restaurants are starting to open up for in person again for reasons.....I have my bubble that I’m allowed to see, but we were all on pause over December due to some potentially seeing one person in their family. I’ve been working from home, living at home, trying to go for a walk every day, trying to get back on top of work things. I think not being able to see my family over Christmas or Thanksgiving for the first time in 26 years hit hard, and I didn’t do the right things to cope as my gym is shut, it’s cold, and I’m stuck playing Crusader Kings.
Things started to get better, but then I had a friend in the ER due to Covid complications this weekend, another one passed away, so my mentality and motivation for work are shot. Florida sounds nice this time of year.
I understand. Very similar here. I'm sorry you are going through that. It takes a lot of effort and motivation to keep a good routine and push ourselves into a healthier lifestyle. But then, seeing some of your loved one suffering from COVID just proves how necessary all these social distancing rules are. We've very probably done the majority of it, so one last push.

BTW, I was in Denver in the fall of 2019 for a conference, really liked it! When I went for 3-4 days in Vail/Aspen, incredible drive and hikes. Damn I miss traveling!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Denver's definitely a fun city to be in! Easy access to the mountains, skiing, and all that fun jazz! I'm definitely glad I'm out here instead of in Philadelphia.

·
La nuit je mens
87,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,085
I'm surprised you can even go out to have lunch with friends: JUST GO AND ENJOY IT FOR MEEEEEE ;)..That's one thing you guys did: keep restaurants open, ok for smaller groups. Restaurants have been closed here since mid-september (only take-out and delivery), and since October all gatherings are illegal if it's people from outside your household. With exception of people living alone, which are supposed to choose one person they can see.
Oh restaurants have been closed since October. It was lunch at a friend's place which is allowed (6 people max) but not exactly something people do these days. At least I haven't done it. I even spent Christmas and New Year's Eve alone at my place.
I'm working from home so the only times I go out are to go the doctor or to do the groceries.
Or walking. I do walk alone around my small village before the 6pm curfew.
Exciting times to be alive.

·
35,589 Posts
I think it's good that they kept the 6 people gatherings, just to have the opportunity to see people if it becomes a mental challenge to be alone. We had that all over the summer, but they went to zero gatherings starting late September. But some people would just have 4 gatherings of 6 people a week and became superspreaders, which was....technically legal, but stupid AF.

This whole pandemic just showed the best AND worse in our societies. Some people really focus on self-gratification and only their wellbeing vs a community sacrifice. It's sad.

·
Registered
24,743 Posts
I‘m from Germany and working as a teacher at a university. We are way behind when it comes to digital teaching and the whole lockdown showed how bad the situation is. A lot of work was done to get everything going for our students, so I didn’t really have any time to do anything else during the first lockdown. The summer was nice and I could Visit Friends and Family. But right after the Christmas break started, I suddenly felt depressed about the whole Situation. Usually Right before Christmas, I have two groups of friends coming back to the city where we all studied, partying and spending lots of time together; obviously, nothing happened and I realized how much I miss travelling and visiting my Friends. I even started to hate these Zoom sessions, given thats what I do all day long for months now and thats not how I see my job. At the Same Time, I got paid regularly, didnt lose my job, etc. But when you think about all these People working at Hospitals, etc. your problems feel a lot less important...but I still hope things will be back to „normal“ asap...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Administrator
39,909 Posts
I work from home M,W, and F. On Tuesday and Thursday I do go into office. But beyond that, I don't really go into stores or restaurants if at all.

While it's nice to leave the house. Between COVID and the recent instability sometimes I do have anxiety/panic attacks and then I don't leave the house for a week at a time and get all gloomy and depressed.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I work from home M,W, and F. On Tuesday and Thursday I do go into office. But beyond that, I don't really go into stores or restaurants if at all.

While it's nice to leave the house. Between COVID and the recent instability sometimes I do have anxiety/panic attacks and then I don't leave the house for a week at a time and get all gloomy and depressed.
Right there with you. I haven't seen anyone in about three weeks now, and it's hard to sit and do 8 hours of work straight at home at the moment, especially with everything else going on.

Reactions: S-T-E-V-E

·
35,589 Posts
I read an article recently that said that right now, the only pressure we should put on ourself is to get through the day. I think sometimes we try to do too much: work 8 hours, work out, eat well, show up to zoom with family and friends, take walks, etc. Seriously, it's a fucking horrible and tough time. Let's just manage get through it without too much harm.

I personally do not do much friend zooms because I am literally between 6-8 hours on Teams meetings all day. I just can't do it anymore, I chat with them, even do phone calls, but no zooms. It not natural to be on so much screen time.

Let's make sure we keep posting in this thread and supporting each other. Now we need Bruno to post hot shirtless guys to cheer up the mood :D

·
La nuit je mens
87,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,092
I have plenty !
But it's true that going through the day is the main goal. I also noticed the other day that I can't plan anything anymore in the long term. I heard a friend talk about plans for the summer holidays and I was like "WTF ? I don't even know if I'm still sane next week and he's planning vacations ?".

·
Registered
24,743 Posts
I read an article recently that said that right now, the only pressure we should put on ourself is to get through the day. I think sometimes we try to do too much: work 8 hours, work out, eat well, show up to zoom with family and friends, take walks, etc. Seriously, it's a fucking horrible and tough time. Let's just manage get through it without too much harm.

I personally do not do much friend zooms because I am literally between 6-8 hours on Teams meetings all day. I just can't do it anymore, I chat with them, even do phone calls, but no zooms. It not natural to be on so much screen time.

Let's make sure we keep posting in this thread and supporting each other. Now we need Bruno to post hot shirtless guys to cheer up the mood :D
Same here. Even though it's a way to see your friends beside calling them, I get frustrated with zooming. A group of friends tries to meet every couple of weeks, but it's not the same and I rather stay out of it....

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,834 Posts
Reactions: S-T-E-V-E
5081 - 5100 of 5119 Posts