Tennis Forum banner

5061 - 5080 of 5119 Posts

·
Trainwreck
58,630 Posts
I tried watching Drag Race but it isn't my thing. Maybe I am not ... gay enough, albeit I know that 100% straight people like watching drag queens too.
I've never tried watching Drag Race, I just know it wouldn't be my thing. But then, I wouldn't committedly watch a pageant with nothing but hot men either. 'Reality TV' in general has just grown off me with time :p.

·
Trainwreck
58,630 Posts
Has anyone been watching the gaysovercovid Instagram drama :LOL:
News to me. IDK, I think that's kind of sad. I can't believe we haven't reached that point where even if you believe Covid is serious and there should be some measures for the vulnerable there's been a hell of a lot of overreach by now. Then again, the times we live in. Nobody agrees on shit.

I'm in New Zealand in a Covid free zone so I'm not endangering lives ATM :p.

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,834 Posts
Just discovered "God's Own Country" with Josh O'Connor & Alec Secareanu. Such a great film and always nice to see a queer film with a happy ending. You guys should check it out if you haven't seen it.
Saw it in theater still (back when they existed) I absolutely loved it. It’s the reason I have the hots for prince Charles in the crown 🤣🤣

·
45,834 Posts
I've never tried watching Drag Race, I just know it wouldn't be my thing. But then, I wouldn't committedly watch a pageant with nothing but hot men either. 'Reality TV' in general has just grown off me with time :p.
I had exactly the same objection as you. I hate reality tv, I am not interested in pageant...

I still watched 12 seasons + 6 all stars + uk in less than two months 🤣🤣

Reactions: Lord Choc Ice

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Saw it in theater still (back when they existed) I absolutely loved it. It’s the reason I have the hots for prince Charles in the crown 🤣🤣
You know, i'd seen God's Own Country ages ago - it was filmed not too far away from where i grew up. However, i did not realise that the actor was also Prince Charles in The Crown until the other day ha.

·
Premium Member
31,816 Posts
Saw it in theater still (back when they existed) I absolutely loved it. It’s the reason I have the hots for prince Charles in the crown
He also played the sleazy vicar in Emma.

Reactions: ^bibi^

·
45,834 Posts
You know, i'd seen God's Own Country ages ago - it was filmed not too far away from where i grew up. However, i did not realise that the actor was also Prince Charles in The Crown until the other day ha.
When I saw it I knew I knew him from something right away but didn’t place him in God’s own country, but IMDb just did the rest

·
45,834 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'd echo that God's Own Country is one of the good ones out there. I definitely enjoyed it a lot.

Gay films are so hit or miss, and some of them are just trash that you watch for the pretty boy. I think there's still a long way to go in creating good stories and providing access to them for the larger audience. Things such as a Song of Achilles should be adapted into a film given the wonderful take it has on the Trojan War.

I don't know whether it's a lack of stories that are publicly known or accepted, but things like the torrid affair that King James I (?) had with the Duke of Buckingham would be a great spinoff for something like the Tudors.

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,589 Posts
OMG, action in the Brigade! And Ric and Greg are here too! ;)

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you are all safe and....not too bored and/or horny.

·
45,834 Posts
OMG, action in the Brigade! And Ric and Greg are here too! ;)

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you are all safe and....not too bored and/or horny.
As the lockdown drags I would say horny is more an issue than bored... you get to find new ways of being busy, but for the latter the options are much more limited 🤣

·
La nuit je mens
87,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,075
All those lockdowns, curfews and everything else that has been stressful for almost a year are slowly making people very tired mentally and this subject is not brought much by media. We were joking with my mum on the phone earlier about how we were just tired of cooking, tired of cleaning, tired of going out, tired of even seeing people. I have a friend of invited me for lunch on sunday and I immediatly said no with a fake excuse. Just the thought of getting out and wearing my mask for a few hours was too exhausting to me. I'm fine with just staying at home all the time cause everything we can or can't do outside exhaust me.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah. I went into a slight mental breakdown in December for reasons, and broke a very strict quarantine to meet a boy since I was out of my mind then living alone, working from home, not seeing family for the holidays, turns out we're still talking even as I'm back in a strict quarantine after breaking it twice to see him. That being said, we've met like 2 times and he's already proclaiming that this is going to be a thing. So, I dunno, I'll have to add dating during a pandemic to my list of restricted activities.

Reactions: ^bibi^

·
35,589 Posts
When the March 13th craziness happened here (start of the first wave), I was just coming back from a series of work trips, events, etc. I had to be on full quarantine for 2 weeks, not even being allowed to go out for walks. I live in a tiny 1 bedroom downtown, which is like 10 mins walk from work. Not useful right now and not the best to work from home. Then a few weeks later my grandma passed from COVID in April, and my cousin's husband passed unexpectedly at like 38 years old. All of this without being able to 1) see them, 2) have proper funerals and 3) be able to support our family as we are all in lockdown. And so many families lived through the same situations.

I agree the situation is difficult and different personalities react differently. I am a very social person, I had a super active work life, travelled, networking. My work relies on relationships and we were in the middle of a political crisis. One day on March 13 I'm giving a conference in Chicago, and the same night I have to urge back to the airport because the borders were closing and I needed to come back home. And then....NOTHING. I had to adjust to the lack of adrenalin, I was struggling to get up in the morning and be motivated to sit at a tiny desk in my living room for hours in front of a screen. Still not easy for me, even if I got used to it, and god knows we have still some months of this.

My partner is an optometrist and had to stop working for 3 months, and he is more of a homebody. He didn't mind being home, enjoyed not having the stress of social events, gatherings, etc. A lot of my extraverts friends have found this situation much more draining and difficult, some even having to get off work to take a mental break.

And now we are back to a strick lockdown, curfew at 8pm. Couldn't legally see anyone for the holidays, except if you lived alone and created a bubble with one other person living alone (which works out for me and the bf, at least). It's now deep into winter, cold, and not like you can go for longer walks. This second full lockdown seems to be much worse on people than the first :cry:

·
35,589 Posts
Yeah. I went into a slight mental breakdown in December for reasons, and broke a very strict quarantine to meet a boy since I was out of my mind then living alone, working from home, not seeing family for the holidays, turns out we're still talking even as I'm back in a strict quarantine after breaking it twice to see him. That being said, we've met like 2 times and he's already proclaiming that this is going to be a thing. So, I dunno, I'll have to add dating during a pandemic to my list of restricted activities.
What area of the US are you in?

·
45,834 Posts
I can say I'm thankful that I have a relatively spacious appartment and that I'm an introvert, so while I miss seeing my firends and doing things outside, the lack of big gathering or social events is more a blessing than a curse...

·
35,589 Posts
All those lockdowns, curfews and everything else that has been stressful for almost a year are slowly making people very tired mentally and this subject is not brought much by media. We were joking with my mum on the phone earlier about how we were just tired of cooking, tired of cleaning, tired of going out, tired of even seeing people. I have a friend of invited me for lunch on sunday and I immediatly said no with a fake excuse. Just the thought of getting out and wearing my mask for a few hours was too exhausting to me. I'm fine with just staying at home all the time cause everything we can or can't do outside exhaust me.
I'm surprised you can even go out to have lunch with friends: JUST GO AND ENJOY IT FOR MEEEEEE ;)..That's one thing you guys did: keep restaurants open, ok for smaller groups. Restaurants have been closed here since mid-september (only take-out and delivery), and since October all gatherings are illegal if it's people from outside your household. With exception of people living alone, which are supposed to choose one person they can see.

5061 - 5080 of 5119 Posts