Tennis Forum banner

4701 - 4720 of 4767 Posts

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
Russian conspiracy delusion destroyed people's brains in the USA. It's hilarious that people in the UK want to succumb to the same disease. This is what listening to lying toxic media does to you. It's like a self-harm addiction. Sad.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,538 Posts
Russian conspiracy delusion destroyed people's brains in the USA. It's hilarious that people in the UK want to succumb to the same disease. This is what listening to lying toxic media does to you. It's like a self-harm addiction. Sad.
Silent Bird sez stop being mean to Putin. Okay.....

·
Registered
40,700 Posts
The north closing down, due to coronavirus I wonder how many regret voting tories... but to be honest this was always going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
The north closing down, due to coronavirus I wonder how many regret voting tories... but to be honest this was always going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The north voted tories, therefore they are "closing down" due to coronavirus? Make it make sense.

·
34,538 Posts
The north voted tories, therefore they are "closing down" due to coronavirus? Make it make sense.
Easy. They voted Tories. They ended up with Tories that happen to be totally inept handling the conditions of this virus and consequently they end up in a much worse situation than they would have been otherwise. I guess it has escaped your attention that Boris Johnson hasn't exactly excelled himself coping with the coronavirus then.

·
Administrator
67,614 Posts
Great to see our all-inclusive PM give peerages to MPs who criticised him and aren't allies - Ken Clarke and Ruth Davidson - and also to some Labour MP's - Kate Hoey and Gisela Stuart - very welcoming in the case of the last two - well deserved.

Reactions: Silent Bird

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Great to see our all-inclusive PM give peerages to MPs who criticised him and aren't allies - Ken Clarke and Ruth Davidson - and also to some Labour MP's - Kate Hoey and Gisela Stuart - very welcoming in the case of the last two - well deserved.

The UK now has a mere 830 unelected members in the Upper Chamber.

But if it was really to be all inclusive why not just make everyone in the country a member? They are well on the way, and it would do wonders for the unemployment figures.

·
Administrator
67,614 Posts
The UK now has a mere 830 unelected members in the Upper Chamber.

But if it was really to be all inclusive why not just make everyone in the country a member? They are well on the way, and it would do wonders for the unemployment figures.
Well that being the case surely you applaud these additions as a step in the right direction.

·
34,538 Posts
Well that being the case surely you applaud these additions as a step in the right direction.
It is not a step in the right direction when half the new members are Johnson cronies and most are completely unsuited and unfit to be there. Honestly (aside from Ken Clarke and Philip Hammond who are deserving individuals) the rest of his picks make me think he is trying to put the Lords into a state of ridicule and disrepute that will justify him abolishing the house altogether. That can be the only explanation for putting a complete loony like Claire Fox into the chamber.

·
Administrator
67,614 Posts
Honestly (aside from Ken Clarke and Philip Hammond who are deserving individuals) the rest of his picks make me think he is trying to put the Lords into a state of ridicule and disrepute that will justify him abolishing the house altogether.
ex-Labour MP's Kate Hoey and Gisela Stewart are hardly natural allies of Boris - although they are totally deserving.

·
34,538 Posts
ex-Labour MP's Kate Hoey and Gisela Stewart are hardly natural allies of Boris - although they are totally deserving.
Spoken as a true Brexiter who thinks of nothing else. Beyond Brexit what have either of these two individuals ever done of merit?

·
Administrator
67,614 Posts
Spoken as a true Brexiter who thinks of nothing else. Beyond Brexit what have either of these two individuals ever done of merit?
Don't see what Brexit has to do with anything

Kate Hoey was an excellent Minister of Sport in the late 90's

My partner (who collects books) once told me that Gisela was a marvellous deputy director of the London Book Fairs.

·
34,538 Posts
Don't see what Brexit has to do with anything

Kate Hoey was an excellent Minister of Sport in the late 90's

My partner (who collects books) once told me that Gisela was a marvellous deputy director of the London Book Fairs.
Yes, Hoey loves sports, especially blood sports like fox hunting. And Suart? She has the distinction of being the only Labour MP to support the re-election of George W Bush. Nice.

·
Administrator
67,614 Posts
Yes, Hoey loves sports, especially blood sports like fox hunting. And Suart? She has the distinction of being the only Labour MP to support the re-election of George W Bush. Nice.
She's got the right to support whoever she wants - that's called democracy.

4701 - 4720 of 4767 Posts