Tennis Forum banner

4521 - 4540 of 4580 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Confirmation from UK intelligence sources of the story in the NYT about Russia targeting coalition troops in Afghanistan.Which would come as a surprise to, well, nobody really.But maybe the government will now get round to releasing that report on Russian interference in the UK they have been sitting on for 8 months...

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,180 Posts
Confirmation from UK intelligence sources of the story in the NYT about Russia targeting coalition troops in Afghanistan.Which would come as a surprise to, well, nobody really.But maybe the government will now get round to releasing that report on Russian interference in the UK they have been sitting on for 8 months...

I think Boris Johnson wakes up every morning and says a little prayer that all of us will over time forget the Russian interference documents ever existed. It's very clear the information in these reports is going to be extremely damning and sadly, Johnson being the gutless, cowardly, conniving charlatan that he is, is bound to continue postponing the report's release until he has a gun put to his head forcing the information out in the open. But I very much doubt Johnson will willingly let that information out voluntarily. We are going to have to force it out of him.

·
Registered
40,367 Posts
Is it true that Downing Street is using this civil servant resignation as the fall guy for the coronavirus pandemic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
34,180 Posts
Is it true that Downing Street is using this civil servant resignation as the fall guy for the coronavirus pandemic...
Maybe. I don't know. I'm not privy to the discussions that go on between those.....people. It was acknowledged though that Dominic Cummings did not get along with Mark Sedwell and wanted him out. And what Cummings wants Cummings gets it seems.

@AdeyC will love these two tweets I suspect. :D

·
Administrator
66,742 Posts
What a bitter woman she appears to be - obviously not got over the fact that she lost her seat at the last election.

Leadership is acting on the policies you are elected under - she was elected under a manifesto to honour the referendum results - then spent three years doing everything to stop it - her electorate told her what they thought of her at the election in a better way than I can say what I think of her :)

Reactions: Silent Bird

·
34,180 Posts
What a bitter woman she appears to be - obviously not got over the fact that she lost her seat at the last election.

Leadership is acting on the policies you are elected under - she was elected under a manifesto to honour the referendum results - then spent three years doing everything to stop it - her electorate told her what they thought of her at the election in a better way than I can say what I think of her :)
Thing is, she is right.

·
Administrator
66,742 Posts

·
Administrator
66,742 Posts

·
34,180 Posts
Maggie did the same to Major
Brown did the same to Blair

Where's the news in this????
First of all Brown couldn't have done the same to Blair as Brown was in power AFTER Blair. As for Maggie doing the same to Major, I notice Major was not re-elected.

·
Administrator
66,742 Posts
First of all Brown couldn't have done the same to Blair as Brown was in power AFTER Blair. As for Maggie doing the same to Major, I notice Major was not re-elected.
Got those round the wrong way lol.

Major had less charisma than even Keir Starmer does whereas even I have to admit Tony Blair had more than Major too.

·
34,180 Posts
Got those round the wrong way lol.

Major had less charisma than even Keir Starmer does whereas even I have to admit Tony Blair had more than Major too.
Perhaps we can move away from things like optics and charisma. Key point here is that Theresa May is spot on. We currently have a PM advisor who is firing the country's chief civil servant, a position that is supposed to be non-biased and non-political and replacing him with a Brexiteer crony who has no experience in the his new role. This is damning and unprecedented. It is the kind of thing we are seeing in Russia, Hungary and the US but that doesn't mean we should welcome this sort of action here. It is a move towards totalitarianism and autocracy. It is quite frankly the opposite of the sovereignty you claim to want.

·
Administrator
66,742 Posts
Perhaps we can move away from things like optics and charisma. Key point here is that Theresa May is spot on. We currently have a PM advisor who is firing the country's chief civil servant, a position that is supposed to be non-biased and non-political and replacing him with a Brexiteer crony who has no experience in the his new role. This is damning and unprecedented. It is the kind of thing we are seeing in Russia, Hungary and the US but that doesn't mean we should welcome this sort of action here. It is a move towards totalitarianism and autocracy. It is quite frankly the opposite of the sovereignty you claim to want.
Well no you can't totally move away from it - a person's character traits and personality has a lot to do with enhancing or hindering their abilities to win general elections.

Although I take your point but in most elections there are many people who are quite prepared to vote for a person to become a Prime Minister, who unless they are the standing PM, has zero experience of being a PM.

In 4 years time you can vote for someone other than Boris (as hard as I am sure you find that to do :) )

·
34,180 Posts
Well no you can't totally move away from it - a person's character traits and personality has a lot to do with enhancing or hindering their abilities to win general elections.

Although I take your point but in most elections there are many people who are quite prepared to vote for a person to become a Prime Minister, who unless they are the standing PM, has zero experience of being a PM.

In 4 years time you can vote for someone other than Boris (as hard as I am sure you find that to do :) )
Way to completely ignore the points I have made in my post Adey. (y)

You do understand that I am referring to the dismissal of Mark Sedwill, don't you?

·
Administrator
66,742 Posts

4521 - 4540 of 4580 Posts