Tennis Forum banner

3901 - 3920 of 4209 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,816 Posts
Yes how you word it in itself is correct in it's way - but I take issue over Corbyn being on the fence as being the bad thing in terms of votes to win at the election - he was clinging to that fence whilst Starmer was trying to pull him off into a pro:EU field against an anti:EU/respect the referendum result Boris, which is what the actual disaster for Labour ended up being.
Do we have to go over this again and again? There is no point in me arguing against a distorted view that you clearly do not wish to change. You can hold on to your view if it makes you happy.

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Yes it is true, the leader of Labour who had a -51 point approval rating silenced the man who is leading Labour now and has a +23 point approval rating (higher than that of Johnson). It wouldn't be understating things to say it almost looks like Labour had a death wish at the last election.
I'm not saying that Starmer isn't seen as a more credible politician compared to Corbyn. But I always will question his judgement and his finger not hitting the pulse of the British public over that issue.

·
33,816 Posts
I'm not saying that Starmer isn't seen as a more credible politician compared to Corbyn. But I always will question his judgement and his finger not hitting the pulse of the British public over that issue.
Whatever rocks your boat.

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Of course he doesn't. Because you only evaluate politicians based on how pro-Brexit they are and apparently nothing else.
Pot - kettle - black - but in reverse :).

Of course you can prove me wrong by giving words of praise to any Brexit supporting politician in your reply :)

·
33,816 Posts
Pot - kettle - black - but in reverse :).
Actually no. If this was the case I wouldn't care about international politics. I care about a society that is kind and treats all people with respect and dignity. I can about having a well funded health system. I care about having a society that doesn't favour the rich over every one else. There are actually a vast many policies entirely unrelated to Brexit that the Conservative governments of the last 10 year has pursued that have horrified me. The Tories treatment of the NHS, austerity, the terrible handling of the current pandemic, the government's support for tax evading millionaires, their lack of care of the disabled, their treatment of foreigners and willingness to blame foreigners for their own economic incompetance... the list goes on and on.

An example. It sickens me that Johnson and Patel think foreign NHS and care workers in this country should have to pay 600 plus pounds to use the NHS that they themselves work for. On the other hand, I guess for you this doesn't matter as long as the Government "get Brexit done."

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Actually no. If this was the case I wouldn't care about international politics. I care about a society that is kind and treats all people with respect and dignity. I can about having a well funded health system. I care about having a society that doesn't favour the rich over every one else. There are actually a vast many policies entirely unrelated to Brexit that the Conservative governments of the last 10 year has pursued that have horrified me. The Tories treatment of the NHS, austerity, the terrible handling of the current pandemic, the government's support for tax evading millionaires, their lack of care of the disabled, their treatment of foreigners and willingness to blame foreigners for their own economic incompetance... the list goes on and on.

An example. It sickens me that Johnson and Patel think foreign NHS and care workers in this country should have to pay 600 plus pounds to use the NHS that they themselves work for. On the other hand, I guess for you this doesn't matter as long as the Government "get Brexit done."
So out of the society we live in - which member of this society that supported Brexit do you admire the most?

·
33,816 Posts
So out of the society we live in - which member of this society that supported Brexit do you admire the most?
Within the current Conservative government, thus far Rishi Sunak has definitely been their best performer. He is low on experience so in some ways this is unexpected but thus far he has handled himself pretty admirably.

For the record Priti Patel has been the Conservative's most loathsome Secretary. And it is not to do with Brexit but simply her all round attitude to foreigners. I'd say she is borderline sadistic.

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Within the current Conservative government, thus far Rishi Sunak has definitely been their best performer. He is low on experience so in some ways this is unexpected but thus far he has handled himself pretty admirably.
Yes he's quite good - a possible future PM.

For Labour/remainers - they missed a trick with Lisa Nandy but have a great Deputy in Angela Raynor - hopefully one of those will become future leaders.

·
33,816 Posts

For Labour/remainers - they missed a trick with Lisa Nandy but have a great Deputy in Angela Raynor - hopefully one of those will become future leaders.
Keir Starmer is vastly more capable and skilled than either of these two. Nandy is no more than an adequate semi-populist. And politics doesn't need that. It needs people of real intelligence, compassion and integrity. Not people who simply try to gauge public opinion and copy it.

As for Sunak as PM, I hate to break it to you, but after Johnson there will be no more Conservative PMs.

·
Registered
40,308 Posts
Keir Starmer is vastly more capable and skilled than either of these two. Nandy is no more than an adequate semi-populist. And politics doesn't need that. It needs people of real intelligence, compassion and integrity. Not people who simply try to gauge public opinion and copy it.

As for Sunak as PM, I hate to break it to you, but after Johnson there will be no more Conservative PMs.
Four years is a long way a way, however it’s interesting watching the government implode. Patel is horrendous, Johnson didn’t act quick enough.

Kier is actually doing a good job and I thought he did well yday asking boris to help NHS foreign workers by not making them pay for healthcare. Then he said they couldn’t afford it, morally it’s wrong they could die just to save lives and yet if they are ill they must pay, it’s so wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,547 Posts
UK net immigration has hit the highest number since 1975 last year. EU immigrants have been largely replaced by students from India & China.

Was that Nigel Farage & Boris Johnson's plan all along? :p

·
Registered
30,305 Posts

Why is Rayner great? Because she looks slightly similar to Catherine Tate?

·
Registered
30,305 Posts
UK net immigration has hit the highest number since 1975 last year. EU immigrants have been largely replaced by students from India & China.

Was that Nigel Farage & Boris Johnson's plan all along?

Controlled immigration is not racism. Leftists need to accept that and move on.

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,547 Posts
Controlled immigration is not racism. Leftists need to accept that and move on.
I'm not a leftist. I wonder how long it takes before these Chinese students will be viewed as communist moles? UK is more anti-Russian these days but China must be the next worst thing.

I wonder if Brexit puppets will be happy if Chinese people take the jobs away instead of EU members? What's the difference anyway?

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Why is Rayner great? Because she looks slightly similar to Catherine Tate?
Well that's a plus point in anyone's book.

But seriously - apart from the reason that she's flat sharing with Rebecca Long-Bailey and didn't want to stand against her - she should have gone for the leadership herself.

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Your wish is their command - that's been scrapped - I trust you applaud this :-

·
33,816 Posts
Your wish is their command - that's been scrapped - I trust you applaud this :-

I do. It is a big relief. I absolutely applaud it. Although quite frankly it should never have been policy to begin with.

3901 - 3920 of 4209 Posts