Tennis Forum banner

3601 - 3620 of 3744 Posts

·
Administrator
65,105 Posts
No surprise really that Tory voters are in the spin stage, because the cards have fallen ever quicker than anyone could have imagined highlighting the incompetence they were voting for. At which point they either have to admit they were voting for incompetence, or that they didn't know what they were voting for, which very few will be willing to do at this stage.
Well we voted to get Brexit done - and what was the first thing they did - got Brexit done.

As said earlier I'm no expert on health matters - but I can't see this policy being done purely for political purposes as older people are more likely to vote Tory than Labour.

Postponing the forthcoming local elections is also a gift to the next Labour leader - they'd likely lose seats so whoever's elected leader in 3 weeks time won't then automatically be seen as a loser straight from the beginning.

·
Registered
40,218 Posts
Well we voted to get Brexit done - and what was the first thing they did - got Brexit done.

As said earlier I'm no expert on health matters - but I can't see this policy being done purely for political purposes as older people are more likely to vote Tory than Labour.

Postponing the forthcoming local elections is also a gift to the next Labour leader - they'd likely lose seats so whoever's elected leader in 3 weeks time won't then automatically be seen as a loser straight from the beginning.
Yes I was thinking this as well I know let’s quarantine the people who voted us in, doesn’t make sense, however I think the idea of locking up the over 70s really won’t go down well.

However I do think Boris was all about brexit and nothing else, he doesn’t have a clue how to deal with an apocalypse.

Also I just went to Tesco and they have posters up saying please don’t abuse our staff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,294 Posts
So stop complaining that he didn't contest the elections then. :rolleyes:
You don't get it. We are going in circles. Actually it is just as likely you do get it but you pretend not to. Either way I should know better than to engage with someone of your unpleasant cynicism in matters like this.

·
Registered
29,885 Posts
You don't get it. We are going in circles. Actually it is just as likely you do get it but you pretend not to. Either way I should know better than to engage with someone of your unpleasant cynicism in matters like this.
I do get it. You hate Nigel Farage and there is nothing he can ever do or say that you would confess to agree with.

·
33,294 Posts
Yes I was thinking this as well I know let’s quarantine the people who voted us in, doesn’t make sense, however I think the idea of locking up the over 70s really won’t go down well.

However I do think Boris was all about brexit and nothing else, he doesn’t have a clue how to deal with an apocalypse.

Also I just went to Tesco and they have posters up saying please don’t abuse our staff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He doesn't have a clue how to deal with the consequences of Brexit either. That will become clear next year.

·
33,294 Posts
I do get it. You hate Nigel Farage and there is nothing he can ever do or say that you would confess to agree with.
His criticism of Johnson was accurate. I have no problem acknowledging that. I simply point out the hypocrisy of criticising someone you are partially responsible for putting into power.

Furthermore there is an expression. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Of course I loathe Farage. He has had an entirely toxic influence on the country I live in.

·
Registered
29,885 Posts
His criticism of Johnson was accurate. I have no problem acknowledging that. I simply point out the hypocrisy of criticising someone you are partially responsible for putting into power.

Furthermore there is an expression. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Of course I loathe Farage. He has had an entirely toxic influence on the country I live in.
He would have won even without Farage's decision not to run.

Anyway, it's not hypocritical to criticize a policy you don't agree with, it's actually the right thing to do. I'm sure many people in the Tory party don't agree with it, but they keep quiet because of party politics. If they voiced concerns about it, they wouldn't be hypocrites in my eyes. I just don't think you've thought this through.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

Actually for purely political purposes it would surely be best to do the opposite. Over here we have had our Deputy First Minister the leader of Sinn Fein Michelle O'Neill call for schools to close because "people are concerned". The easiest thing is do politically is what everyone else is doing rather than sticking your neck out. The advice BoJo is getting may be brilliant, it may be bollocks, but I don't see any political advantage for BoJo in following it.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Firstly Tory voters have a strange definition of the word "done" then, because Brexit isn't close to done, its only just started by any definition.

Secondly this isn't how politics works, and is never how it has worked. You vote for all policies of a party, you can't just pick and choose the ones you like and ignore the rest. One policy politics has always been a mugs game, you could defend voting for the most evil leaders to ever exist using such logic, it's not a valid defence to hide behind for voting for incompetence.

·
Registered
29,885 Posts
You vote for all policies of a party, you can't just pick and choose the ones you like and ignore the rest. One policy politics has always been a mugs game, you could defend voting for the most evil leaders to ever exist using such logic, it's not a valid defence to hide behind for voting for incompetence.
Well... there is no party on Earth that I agree with all of their policies. I guess it's best to not vote at all, right... In order to vote at all, I have to ignore a lot of policies I don't care for.

·
Administrator
65,105 Posts
Firstly Tory voters have a strange definition of the word "done" then, because Brexit isn't close to done, its only just started by any definition.

Secondly this isn't how politics works, and is never how it has worked. You vote for all policies of a party, you can't just pick and choose the ones you like and ignore the rest. One policy politics has always been a mugs game, you could defend voting for the most evil leaders to ever exist using such logic, it's not a valid defence to hide behind for voting for incompetence.
After 3 years of those who didn't want it playing politics to stop it and every opportunity and then a decisive election where it was "the" issue of the election which gave Boris a landslide win - the outcome of it is that UK is now no longer a member of the EU - so that's Brexit done in anyone's book. Future trade talks are ongoing yes, but we have left.

This virus thing isn't really a party political matter, it hadn't even been heard of at the time of the last election.

·
Premium Member
38,340 Posts
One more try. Will you explain to me what you meant with your first reply to my post or are you going into quarantine?
I assumed you were coming from a trip out of earth to be this light or ignorant about the Covid-19. Hospitals are overstretched. The crisis is concrete. Do you read other posts? Or do you live in denial along with your bros Dan and Miracle Worker?

3601 - 3620 of 3744 Posts