Tennis Forum banner

3521 - 3540 of 3544 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Hopefully this is the last we'll hear of that clown Nigel Farage. He got what he wanted - now it's time to disappear for good! (y)

·
Administrator
64,430 Posts
Hopefully this is the last we'll hear of that clown Nigel Farage. He got what he wanted - now it's time to disappear for good! (y)
Well he wasn't a clown - if it wasn't for him we'd never have been given a referendum in the first place and 3.5 years later the British people got what they wanted.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Well he wasn't a clown - if it wasn't for him we'd never have been given a referendum in the first place and 3.5 years later the British people got what they wanted.
Nigel Farage keeps asking on the Brexit Party's website if Boris' Great Betrayal is really the Brexit you voted for.

·
Administrator
64,430 Posts
Nigel Farage keeps asking on the Brexit Party's website if Boris' Great Betrayal is really the Brexit you voted for.
One thing's certain - we didn't vote to remain.

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Farage will only disappear for good if we end up with a hard Brexit and in ruins as a result. Otherwise he will be out rallying up populism claiming the vote was betrayed. He is hoping for the latter, and given he hates Cummings who is pulling the strings he is just waiting for something to jump on him.

One thing's certain - we didn't vote to remain.
Easy when you can hedge your bets defining nothing.

·
Administrator
64,430 Posts
Easy when you can hedge your bets defining nothing.
It's a pretty defining answer to the original referendum question :-

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
The shock as another politician realises Boris is not to be trusted and totally unscrupulous. Worrying times when Javid is seen as principled, someone who has continually sacrificed his principles to further his political career.
Well relatively speaking he maybe is.:LOL:

Meanwhile the government has sacked the first competent Secretary of State Northern Ireland had seen in a decade and replaced him with Brandon Lewis. I'm beginning to suspect Dominic Cummings may be an IRA mole. Or alternately Boris just wants to be surrounded by talent free no marks and toadies but I can't believe that.

Anyway competence in the cabinet is surplus to requirements when you can have talented unelected people running the country. It's almost like being in the EU.

·
Administrator
64,430 Posts
The shock as another politician realises Boris is not to be trusted and totally unscrupulous. Worrying times when Javid is seen as principled, someone who has continually sacrificed his principles to further his political career.
History/every policital party in the world is full of sacked ministers then indicating their leader isn't competent.

·
Registered
29,607 Posts
How is Javid's resignation making him seem principled and Boris untrustworthy? Boris is his boss, lol. The government is there to work, not for people to just warm their seats.

·
Registered
40,140 Posts
I was quite surprised at the request he gave Sajid. But kudos to him for refusing to do it

I am just happy Andrea loathsome is gone. I doubt she’ll be back now.

Johnson has also had a disagreement with trump but for me that wins him points, stand up to the tangerine Boris!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40,140 Posts
Meanwhile in the labour leadership contest, Nandy won the backing of a Jewish group, with 51% of the vote. RLB got 1.4% of the vote.
I do believe it’ll be between Nandy and Sir Kier, Thornberry will be out by tonight.

·
Administrator
64,430 Posts
Meanwhile in the labour leadership contest, Nandy won the backing of a Jewish group, with 51% of the vote. RLB got 1.4% of the vote.
I do believe it’ll be between Nandy and Sir Kier, Thornberry will be out by tonight.

I can see Nandy coming through the middle of this as it's unlikely that Starmer and Long-Bailey supporters are going to vote the other as second choices and they'll go to Nandy.

·
Registered
40,140 Posts
I can see Nandy coming through the middle of this as it's unlikely that Starmer and Long-Bailey supporters are going to vote the other as second choices and they'll go to Nandy.
I genuinely believe she’s the best candidate, because she could really take labour in a more positive direction.

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
I see one of the latest advisers they've brought into Downing Street wants universal contraception to stop permanent underclass and drug experiments on children even if it results in some dying as a result, Conservative voters must be so proud.

History/every policital party in the world is full of sacked ministers then indicating their leader isn't competent.
In Boris' case it's dozens of examples from every work of life, not just politics that say he is untrustworthy and unscrupulous.

They also didn't tend to be sacked a few months after the leader said they were here to stay, indeed therein is yet another lie.

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Starmer seems overwhelming favourite now to win the Labour leadership contest. The CLP's are overwhelming in favour of Starmer (and Rayner). Most telling was how North Islington nominated Starmer. Lansman had even recently joined the local CLP I presume to try to swing it in favour of Long-Bailey (and that it was close given Starmer won by 3 votes). What's telling there is how Starmer is picking up left votes as well as more centrist votes and if that happens it's hard to see how he loses, the only way will be if the far left numbers in the membership are being way underestimated.

·
Administrator
64,430 Posts
In Boris' case it's dozens of examples from every work of life, not just politics that say he is untrustworthy and unscrupulous.
What was his main election pledge - "Get Brexit Done". What was the first thing he did after winning the election? "Got Brexit Done" - those who voted him for that reason see that he was as good as his word.

3521 - 3540 of 3544 Posts