Tennis Forum banner

3481 - 3500 of 3544 Posts

·
Administrator
64,430 Posts
Personally Corbyn is arrogant and hanging around to help pick a new leader also annoyed me, but he genuinely thought he was going to be PM... he put his aspirations ahead of the 48% who relied on him...
Although I'm no Labour/Corbyn supporter I do find it interesting that it's not like the election after Michael Foot lost where everyone was immediately trying to distance themselves from his policies - none of the current leadership contenders are doing that with Corbyn's policies.

·
Administrator
64,430 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
So is anyone going to a party or celebration tonight?

Me? I'm not really a party person. But it has been three and a half years since we voted to leave and we've finally got a government and parliament that honours the promise to the people to implement that vote. So I'll be at home and will definitely have a glass of wine and watch a bit of television of what is happening.

·
Administrator
64,430 Posts
So is anyone going to a party or celebration tonight?

Me? I'm not really a party person. But it has been three and a half years since we voted to leave and we've finally got a government and parliament that honours the promise to the people to implement that vote. So I'll be at home and will definitely have a glass of wine and watch a bit of television of what is happening.
I'm not doing anything special either - like you I'll probably watch the tv stuff tonight.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I'm so happy for Britain. I hope I live to see the end of the EU one day.
Are you salty, because Serbia is not in the EU and you don't have the perks of an EU citizen?

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,745 Posts
The last few years around the political world have been blueprints for showing people that it is easier to con people with fear, hatred, lies and stoking up negativity instead of addressing the issues with logic, rationality, practicality and the truth.
Very well said Adam. (y)

·
32,745 Posts
You do realize this is much worse than anything I've written in this thread? Shameful.
The EU has meant more than 50 years of continuous peace between the participating countries. That is unprecedented. I don't want to see that peace end. Apparently you do.

·
32,745 Posts
Wrong. Disgusting.
You have experienced the destructive force of nationalism in your country in a way thankfully few others here have, and it frankly confounds me that after such experiences you encourage such nationalism to grow elsewhere. I'm sorry but that is something I have never been able to reconcile about you and it has contributed hugely to my personal regard for you as a person.

3481 - 3500 of 3544 Posts