Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3462 Posts

·
Banned
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wikipedia: United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, 2016

In three weeks time good people of United Kingdom have a say in future of so called European Union.

Not that result matters. European Commission (those unelected folks that rule us) will find a way to say that Britains vote does not count....

Give ´em big and strong finger! So that this so called "Our" "Union" can be ended without more trouble :wavey:

·
Administrator
63,514 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Bounce! I’m in Scotland at the moment it’s so different EU flags everywhere and I’ve been to the Scottish parliament :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Scotland. Cold and sparsely populated. Beautiful nature and history. I love that the Scottish people love the EU. Next time I'm anywhere near the British Isles, I'm only spending time in Scotland.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts

·
7,470 Posts
How many volumes until the will of the people is delivered? :help:
If we wait long enough, we might end up with only 3-4 people wanting it. :devil:

1) I've debunked that "will of the people" statement in a previous post, so a sarcastic joke is all I can answer for now if you chose to ignore that.

2) More importantly though, may I ask why you are so invested in Brexit? What's at stake for you? Do you actually live in Belarus (former flag), Russia (current flag) or in the UK? Just curious...

·
7,470 Posts
Guys, I'm not sure if this was posted in the other thread, but it's an awesome read if you have the time (you have to click on the link to see it in full): :)

The guy made such a great compilation, I wish a I had the time to post here each and every one of his tweets in that thread.

Looking forward to a similar reply from the Leave campaign. You know... anything more civilized then Farage's call the other for another Jo Cox episode (because that's what that basically was for who can read between the lines)

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,543 Posts
It becomes clearer and clearer the reason pro Brexit supporters don't want a confirmatory referendum is because they know they would lose. They hide behind the claim they that Brexit must be concluded because it is the will of the people when in reality they know the actual will of the people is for Brexit to be stopped.

This is the latest poll. It shows the largest lead remain has had since the referendum almost 3 years ago. But that leads is very much in line with the current trend which is that the leads for remaining in the EU having gradually but consistently been growing ever since for the last 2 and a half years. The lead in this poll isn't a marginal one either. This is no 52/48% lead. No sirree. The lead for remain in this poll is a whopping 16%.

Fact is, Brexit supporters don't really care about democracy or the will of the people or anything like that. They want to silence to the people. They do not want the people to have a say now that the people have witnessed what Brexit really entails. And they will do anything to silence the people who cry out for democracy. The will call those people undemocratic. They will even make death threats against those people. Brexit troll jailed for malicious messages to pro-EU MPs. Whatever it takes. While remain supporters peacefully and democratically march for the right confirmatory referendum to reflect the actually PRESENT state of the will of the people, Brexit supporters are unable to hold a rally without assaulting police officers or featuring racist speakers like Tommy Robinson. Brexit supporters may disparage one million marchers into Parliament Square, they may disparage 6 million signatures for the largest UK petition ever asking for Article 50 to be revoked, but in truth they do so knowing the will of the people is no longer with them. So what do Brexit supporters do? They try to railroad Brexit in it's most extreme from through Parliament AGAINST the actual current will of the people.

Yes, I know, sometimes polls are off by the 3 or 4 percentage points. But the thing is, every poll on Brexit this year is delivering the same thing.... a large lead for remain. And that lead is growing. This poll might be off by 2 or 3 points, sure. But it shows a 16 point lead. And somehow Brexit supporters will still think they are justified in forcing Brexit down the throats of a country that doesn't want it, regardless of how many people's lives will be tangibly hurt as a result and despite the damage it will do to this country's economy and despite the risk it poses to peace in Northern Ireland. But Brexit supporters don't care about the people of Northern Ireland, they don't care about young people hoping to live in other parts of Europe one day, they don't care about people whose jobs are in jeopardy because of businesses leaving the UK, they don't care about European nationals in this country who are now unsure of what terms, if any, they will be allowed to stay, they don't care about anyone or anything but their own right to be able to gloat that they now live in what they perceive to be a "sovereign" country.

Yeah, I am angry. This is the true picture of what the UK feels about Brexit. Right now. Today. Not three years ago. Today. But you can bet your bottom dollar (or pound or euro) Brexit supporters don't give a damn. They don't give a damn about anyone who will suffer as the result of Brexit. They don't give a damn about the truth, and they don't give a damn about what the people of this country really wants. You can be sure the response to this poll will be to diminish it in any way possible. "17 million people voted to leave, blah blah blah." Yeah right. And if we have a confirmatory referendum and 17 million people still want to leave and less than that who wish to stay then fine. But Brexit supporters know the truth is 17 million people don't want to leave anymore. So what does this tell us about Brexit supporters. They are cowards, bullies and liars.

·
32,543 Posts

Yippee!!! Another reminder that Brexit will not make our lives simpler. Brexit will make so many every day tasks more complicated. And for what gain?

·
32,543 Posts
Brexit: I felt unwelcome and returned to Poland

I really hope everyone has a look at this video. If you support Brexit but don't have the guts to look at this video...shame on you.

This video simply breaks my heart. But the thing is, there are 1000s upon 1000s of similar stories. And each one of them dwarfs any arguments in support of Brexit. That peoples' lives are being shattered just so some people can have the satisfaction of calling themselves "sovereign" even if it means absolutely no changes in their day to day lives, frankly, sickens me. That the United Kingdom has become such an unwelcoming hostile place is something everyone in this country should take very seriously and should feel ashamed of.

And for what? There are no upsides to Brexit, other than the satisfaction of some primeval nationalistic instincts some people here carry. Brexit isn't going to make anyone's life any better. It isn't going to endow us with any newfound freedoms. Quite the opposite. We will lose freedoms we already have. But Brexit will damage lives. It already has. And it will continue to uproot people, damage relationships, endanger peace and make our country poorer and less influential.

It breaks my heart that people in this country could be so uncaring about their fellow people.

But wait. What about remain supporters? Aren't we just as uncaring about Brexit supporters. In a word....no. Brexit supporters are not leaving the country because they feel unwelcome, and if they are making themselves poorer and giving up their rights to live in other countries that is their own choice. Okay, perhaps Jacob Rees Mogg won't have the opportunity to add to his millions with his disaster capitalism business. Oh, the tragedy of that. :rolleyes: And yeah, the likes of Bill Cash would fume at the thought that a small percentage of our laws to do with worker's rights, environmental protection and consumer rights would still come from Europe were we to stay in the EU. Sure, it is hunky dory that Brexit supporters can decide to make themselves poorer and less influential in a poorer country with less money for health, education and security if they wish. But it is pretty disgusting that they can decide to make others poorer, less influential, and less welcome who never wanted this. It is pretty tragic that 70 year old Daily Mail readers can and have chosen to deprive their grandchildren of the opportunity of discovering what it is like to live in another European country.

And all Brexit supporters can come back with is this baloney about respecting democracy. What democracy is there in an illegally ran, advisory referendum that was won based on lies, anyway?

·
Administrator
63,514 Posts

Yippee!!! Another reminder that Brexit will not make our lives simpler. Brexit will make so many every day tasks more complicated. And for what gain?
You are aware that those customs sticker that you fill in are readily available and is a 2 inch square sticker where you put your signature - package weight - and what's in the package and stick it to the package (they're whats currently used for US/Australia/Canada etc)

·
32,543 Posts
You are aware that those customs sticker that you fill in are readily available and is a 2 inch square sticker where you put your signature - package weight - and what's in the package and stick it to the package (they're whats currently used for US/Australia/Canada etc)
Sure. So one has to fill out forms that one previously did not have to. Right. I thought one of the advantages of leaving the EU is we would be making things simpler and with fewer regulations. No such luck I guess. Additionally you can be sure Brexit will substantially affect the cost of sending or receiving good to or from Europe.

·
Registered
29,350 Posts
Sick bullshit. Everyone will still be allowed to move to live in a different country. Just not unconditionally.

·
Administrator
63,514 Posts
This is the latest poll. It shows the largest lead remain has had since the referendum almost 3 years ago. But that leads is very much in line with the current trend which is that the leads for remaining in the EU having gradually but consistently been growing ever since for the last 2 and a half years. The lead in this poll isn't a marginal one either. This is no 52/48% lead. No sirree. The lead for remain in this poll is a whopping 16%.
Recent poll of polls doesn't tie in with that at all looking at voting intentions.

Working on the basis that Lib Dem / CUK and the Greens have always been anti Brexit and will be in the next Election

UKIP / Brexit are obviously pro Brexit and will be at the next Election.

Tory will be pro Brexit at the next Election.

Labour hasn't yet committed to a second referendum (so you can't count them all as anti:Brexit) - only to a second referendum on May's deal because they say that if they were in power they'd get a better deal.

Anti Brexit parties don't have a lead of 16% in any of those polls.

Jeremy Corbyn now has the opportunity to win the next election based on these polls - the Tory vote will probably be split between Tory/UKIP/Brexit Party - if he committed Labour to another vote, it could be electoral suicide for him as he'd lose a lot of his votes to UKIP/Brexit from the North of England voters who overwhelmingly voted to leave.

If he were to commit to another vote (unlikely) and we were in a postion of a General Election with Labour (anti Brexit) and Tory (pro Brexit) then a General Election would actually sort the issue out.

·
32,543 Posts
Recent poll of polls doesn't tie in with that at all looking at voting intentions.

Working on the basis that Lib Dem / CUK and the Greens have always been anti Brexit and will be in the next Election

UKIP / Brexit are obviously pro Brexit and will be at the next Election.

Tory will be pro Brexit at the next Election.

Labour hasn't yet committed to a second referendum (so you can't count them all as anti:Brexit) - only to a second referendum on May's deal because they say that if they were in power they'd get a better deal.

Anti Brexit parties don't have a lead of 16% in any of those polls.

Jeremy Corbyn now has the opportunity to win the next election based on these polls - the Tory vote will probably be split between Tory/UKIP/Brexit Party - if he committed Labour to another vote, it could be electoral suicide for him as he'd lose a lot of his votes to UKIP/Brexit from the North of England voters who overwhelmingly voted to leave.

If he were to commit to another vote (unlikely) and we were in a postion of a General Election with Labour (anti Brexit) and Tory (pro Brexit) then a General Election would actually sort the issue out.
This poll of polls is for political parties, not for whether or not we should stay in the EU. Nice try.

Maybe these will help...

All pollsters now have Remain ahead of Leave and the margin between the two continues to grow.

I don't know if we will have another referendum or not. Obviously the people who support Brexit are going to do their darnest to bulldoze their way to leaving the EU without a confirmatory referendum because they know that if we have a confirmatory referendum they will lose. Basically Brexit supporters want to force though Brexit knowingly AGAINST what is now the actually will of the people. So much Brexit supporters claims of caring about delivering the will of the people....

·
32,543 Posts
Sick bullshit. Everyone will still be allowed to move to live in a different country. Just not unconditionally.
You really don't get it, do you?

Sure, if you are rich enough you can live wherever you want....

That's nice for Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees Mogg.

1 - 20 of 3462 Posts