1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
How even? I feel like Bartoli and Clijsters could play a few matches starting tomorrow and score better results than this.

It's truly puzzling how someone can decline in productivity so much. There's no denial that she has talent and always been a hard worker. But these results tho... shocking

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think she is done, to be honest. Her game was always based on self confidence, and she appears to have none left.
She needs to be as fit as she can be to stand a chance to climb her way back to the top 100, because her shots alone won't cut it. I mean, if Lisicki with her booming power and monster serve is struggling to win matches, what can Sara do if she is not perfectly fit and confident?

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Well was seeing first set in her match. Her serve is awful. She was probably losing 2-3 servinggames because of DF. She starting quite well and was up 2-1. Rest of the set was really weak. Many UE and DF.

Even if the rest of her game is OK. She still going to lose many matches. Because her serve is not working at all. Her movement is worse and she is also too much up and down on return games.

And the worst part is. Soon she will be lucky to play ITF 25 K main draw. I just can,t see a player who is 32 years old play small tournament with result like this :sad:

Her wins this year have been Begu, Watson, (Lao, Bara, Schoofs) in Bogota or before. After only Codino rank 772 since april

·
Registered
35,867 Posts
Her entire game is based around retrieving skills and anyone over 30 is naturally going to lose a step. If she had a serve that was up to a professional standard, she could probably still hang around the #100-150 mark. It's obvious she's injured and should take some time off to heal, but she probably doesn't want to given how much time she's already had off with the ban.

·
Banned
15,186 Posts
She can always try ITF #1 race! :rolls: :rolls: :happy:

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
14,027 Posts
Reactions: Juju Nostalgique

·
Registered
88,335 Posts
Tortellini ruins her career

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Sara's done.

I think that Sashka Oliynykova would take her to bakery though :eek:h:
The funny thing is that Oliynykova has been able to start playing tennis thanks to Errani, that donated her the necessary equipment.

"Oleksandra Olinjkova (18) came to Croatia from Ukraine as a refugee seven years ago. She lived in ruins with her family, but with the help of her father and professional tennis player Sara Errani, who heard about her story, she began to train at tennis."

https://www.24sata.hr/sport/hrvatska-ukrajinka-saska-612748

·
Registered
14,027 Posts
The funny thing is that Oliynykova has been able to start playing tennis thanks to Errani, that donated her the necessary equipment.

"Oleksandra Olinjkova (18) came to Croatia from Ukraine as a refugee seven years ago. She lived in ruins with her family, but with the help of her father and professional tennis player Sara Errani, who heard about her story, she began to train at tennis."

https://www.24sata.hr/sport/hrvatska-ukrajinka-saska-612748
Thank you for reminding me of that, I recall reading something on it on tennisforum :)

I don't get why Sara is so villified over here.

As far as cheating goes, she was only found guilty of negligence and served her ban. :rolleyes: This substance would not be an efficient choice of doping in any extent by the way so I fully believe her explanation.

Though I remember some people speaking of her unclear ties with infamous Dr Fuentes so I guess it may not speak in her favour if she really was consulting him.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Tortellini Queen seems to be on her way to becoming the new Sexy Lexy.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Thank you for reminding me of that, I recall reading something on it on tennisforum :)

I don't get why Sara is so villified over here.

As far as cheating goes, she was only found guilty of negligence and served her ban. :rolleyes: This substance would not be an efficient choice of doping in any extent by the way so I fully believe her explanation.

Though I remember some people speaking of her unclear ties with infamous Dr Fuentes so I guess it may not speak in her favour if she really was consulting him.
Sara is, in my opinion, so disagreeable on court as much as she is a kind and nice person off court.

But of course the image on the court, on the public stage, prevails.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love the use of the term consulting in this context.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts