Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elisabetta Cocciaretto, ranked 760, easily dismisses Xiyu Wang, ranked 133, in the first round of the 60K ITF in Brescia, 6-4 6-4. Both girls are 18 years old.

The performance of Wang was frankly horrible.

But it seems a problem of all Chinese girl in this tournament: also Shuyue Ma #232 has been defeated, with the same score, by the Italian qualifier Dalila Spiteri #504.

Why they travelled to Italy?

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
I guess it's just inconsistency with Xiyu. She can win a W80 on clay one week (as well as beating Puig earlier in the year), but then lose to the likes of Elisabetta, Swan, Kostova and Temin (706) in the 4 other tournaments around that Spanish success.

Looks a good win for young Cocciaretto nevertheless, and she did compete well with RG Quarter Finalist Anisimova a few weeks ago in Rome.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Cocciaretto was a top 15 junior, I suppose it has just taken her longer to get going on a senior career. It must help her having crowd support and playing in her own country, well done to her!

·
Registered
10,142 Posts

·
Premium Member
182,075 Posts
Not a shock

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Xiyu burn out.

Played loads lately, shouldn't have come here.
She's down to play Manchester next week, Ilkley the week after and then Wimbledon qualifying, so although a few early exits amongst those, that could be 8 weeks competing in a row.

·
Registered
12,956 Posts
Cocciaretto is a sad pusher...
Xiyu I'm very angry with this result :(

Cocciaretto. Pusher. She almost always hits the ball on the rise and never steps more than 6 inches from the baseline.

Now I've heard it all :lol: This forum's obsession with pushers is out of hand. Seriously though, you're dumb;
at least search a player on youtube before saying random crap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts