Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
OMG insane! Haha I seriously couldnt believe it seeing the headline after seeing people bringing it up as a joke yesterday after KC made her comeback known. Just wow! How exciting is the next few months gonna be!! Love it!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Kim came back and won 3 slams , this tour is a joke and easy pickings. Serena 4 finals who cares if she wins the trophy or not, heck none of yous would do that at her age.
These kids can't even beat them when they are much slower.

Everybody should come back and teach them a lesson about tennis.
We have 4 different slams winners again this year, a true joke.
:facepalm:

what do you mean these kids cant beat them ?they are literally beating them left right and center ,that's why they aren't winning trophies:lol:

Kim came back 10 years ago ,what does that have to do with the tour today:weirdo: also Kim was 26 years old when she came back last time ,thats very young. i'm sure a 26 year old Kim would do great in any era, she is one of the best to ever pick up a racquet in terms of ability so its not really a mark against any era to have a prime Kim do well:shrug: Kim won't do nearly as well at 36 however .

Golovin isn't even in the same dimension as Kim ,she didnt achieve anything spectacular at all in her first career and the level she showed then wouldn't be anything special now so i cant imagine the level shes going to show after a decade off and 30+ years old is going to be even good enough for the top 100:wavey:

·
Registered
252 Posts
stupidest post i ever read:facepalm:

Kim came back 10 years ago ,what does that have to do with the tour today:weirdo: also Kim was 26 years old when she came back last time ,thats very young. i'm sure a 26 year old Kim would do great today as well ,she is one of the best to ever pick up a racquet in terms of ability so its not really a mark against any era to have a prime Kim do well:shrug: Kim won't do nearly as well at 36 however .

Golovin isn't even in the same dimension as Kim ,she didnt achieve anything spectacular at all in her first career and the level she showed then wouldn't be anything special now so i cant imagine the level shes going to show after a decade off and 30+ years old is going to be even good enough for the top 100:wavey:
While I agree it's hard to imagine Tatiana doing anything of note this time around, her level when she stopped at 20 was very high. Her end to the 2007 season was great and her serve and forehand were spectacular when she was on, I guess I'm just saying don't sell her talent short because it was definitely there

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is good news. IMO, we'll see more of this as the average age of players continues to increase. Fed/Nadal/Venus/Serena/Etc are all proving that you can play well into your late 30s, so players that retired prematurely are likely seeing that and getting inspired to make a comeback.

Who do you think we'll see next? Maybe Nicole Vaidisova?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
While I agree it's hard to imagine Tatiana doing anything of note this time around, her level when she stopped at 20 was very high. Her end to the 2007 season was great and her serve and forehand were spectacular when she was on, I guess I'm just saying don't sell her talent short because it was definitely there

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
i dont mean to sell her talent short or say she was a bad player .she was a talented player that could have achieved a lot more if she didnt get screwed by injuries .so i get why people have sympathy for her and would love to see her have a second go at things .

but conversely some are selling the tour very short by suggesting its so weak that shes going to just walk in and start killing everyone ..

enjoy her comeback but keep your expectations in check ,and don't go around insulting the tour .

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am waiting for Seles, Capriati, and let's see - ah, Amy Frazier. I hope Golovin understands she will be playing on the ITF tour, I doubt she will be given many wildcards into WTA events. Next thing we know Francoise Durr will announce she is coming back because she needs the money for hip replacement. Now remember she won the French Open in 1968, so according to the rules that SAM STOSUR lives by, if you are a grand slam champion you have access to unlimited wildcards.

What would be great is to see Jelena Jankovic comeback just so I can hear her argue with an umpire in that very distinctive deep voice. Don't take me wrong folks, l love Jankovic. Remember, she never officially announced her retirement. Think about it!

·
Registered
735 Posts
No Justine but she might wait for Kim's immediate success before she decides to come back.
Justine isn't coming back, she quit for quite serious physical reasons (advanced arthritis), her doctor warned her it could land her in a wheelchair.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wasn't Golovin the reason why Kim & Hewitt split ?

Kinda of ironic they announced their return on tour back-to-back.
No. She wanted kids and to settle down, he didn't.

·
La nuit je mens
86,902 Posts
Tournaments will soon need daycare facilites with Serena's, Kim's, Vika's, Golovin's kids.

·
Registered
22,750 Posts
i'd care the fucking day my sweet little chaky would come back, who the fuck cares for freaking fucking golovin??

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
How about Rezai Aravane? Is she hitting the gym too? Last time she tried she was fat and could barely move.
She's actually training with Henri Leconte for her 37th comeback next year!!

Anyway, how about Mauresmo please???

121 - 140 of 279 Posts